Friday, June 28, 2019

THERE IS A TOOTH FAIRY

     We have been deluding ourselves about the tooth fairy for generations. As children the tooth fairy game was played with us. We told our own children about the tooth fairy. It was a pleasant activity.

     Well, yesterday I did find a real tooth fairy. The tooth fairy gave me a gift card to Tim Horton's!

     Okay, here's how it worked.

     Yesterday, I had my annual dental checkup and teeth cleaning. I've had the same wonderful dentist for a long time. He's pleasant, friendly, laid back, takes time  and does excellent work. At each appointment he will start out with a pleasant chat. He knows about your life and wants to know more. He asks if I'm still riding? Am I still skating? So I have one of the nicest people to be a dentist.

    Yesterday after a brief chat he gave me a Tim Horton's gift card. It was out of the blue and I was a bit stunned and didn't know what was going on. He called it Thursday throw back and because I have been a long time patient I got a gift card. I started at his clinic in 1970 before he came to the clinic. I'm not sure how long Glen has been my dentist. Last year we got chatting about a procedure I had a long time ago. He got the idea to look it up in the records. So for 10 minutes he went back in my records with me. He got a big chuckle about the prices charged.

    My wife and two children have had him as a dentist. 

    So folks, you see, there is a tooth fairy. He's my dentist.

34 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to have such a kind and excellent dentist. As I recall, my brother and I called our first dentist "The Butcher." I really like the dentist we have now. She is always pleasant and understanding. But gee.... a gift card to Tim Horton's? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you got a gift from the Tooth Fairy! Your dentist obviously appreciates you sticking with him for such a long time. It is a good feeling when you have a doctor or dentist that you like and have seen for many years. I have a dentist that I've been seeing for over 40 years and even though I hate getting dental work I do like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid this guy is on his way to retirement. He doesn't work full time anymore.

      Delete
  3. You have a very nice dentist indeed, what a wonderful gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dentist sound like a wonderful guy. I'm glad you know there really is a tooth fairy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I like that tooth fairy. A nice gift from your dentist. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Red, Great story! I had been seeing my dentist almost as long as you saw Glen and then, in February of this year, he retired. And no gift card! I am so disappointed. :-) Just kidding. Now, seriously, Glen asked a good question ... How about your riding? Are you out on your bike this summer like years past? We need an update here on Hiawatha House. Hope you have a great weekend. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid Glen will also be retiring. We've had very poor spring weather so I haven't done much riding. I decided that this year since I'm going to be 80 would be a good year to quit even though I can still ride and enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. I've seen the same dentist since I moved to the area, but it's only a paltry 11 years, compared to yours. I am glad to learn there really is a tooth fairy, Red! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I haven't moved since 1970 I have a lot of things that are the same.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely dentist story. I love your tooth fairy. All dentists should be so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT's a tooth fairy worth having :) It's wonderful to have a great dentist. I have one now, too, and it makes such a difference to my peace of mind over my fragile teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the one dentist for several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to keep your teeth in good condition.

      Delete
  11. What a nice man! My dentist in Minnesota was like that. He had taken care of me and my children since they were tiny tots and we always had a visit. Not so Down South. Takes months to even get in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more important than ever to have a personable dentist when it comes to kids.

      Delete
  12. What a fun post! And how nice that he presented you with that gift. Looks like you discovered your dentist's secret identity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an interesting guy. He does ice racing with cars!!!

      Delete
  13. You're in heaven if you have a good reliable friendly dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great story! It's good to have a care provider who sees the person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in the future I'm going to need more of those great caregivers.

      Delete
  15. Your dentist is a fairy? What happens when you are put to sleep in the chair?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So far I've never been put to sleep in the chair so I don't know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you. If only all dentists where like your tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so sweet, but you are a sweet person!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your dentist sound fascinating person dear Red for quality he has are so rare in doctors anymore

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah he must appreciate your business over the years! :)

    ReplyDelete