Thursday, August 17, 2023

LOVE THOSE COMMENTS

      In my last post I left you with a question that brought many great comments. Since the question was on blogging , many people were very interested. People who  blog think about things. 

     Writers think about what topics they will deal with. Bloggers have a purpose. I started out just wanting to do a little writing to keep some skills. I've ended up with a hobby that is very interesting. 

     I was blown away with the quality of comments.   Thanks. 

    So I hope the person I had a discussion with is reading comments. So commenters say that we should be correct and after that you can write the way you want. You own the blog so you have the choices. Most blogs I follow have their own style of writing.

    The poor photo bloggers were left out in my post . However, photos tell a great story. 

     So the last blast from Smarty Pants was , "Anything worth doing, is worth doing well." I can live with that. 

18 comments:

  1. We love you, Mr. Red! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Smarty Pants' should simply stick to his own blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture bloggers may give you "a picture is worth a thousand words" ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once spoke to someone who said he liked to serialize his photos to tell a story. I do that with mine up to a point. I enjoyed your previous post and also all the comments it brought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of my working life was concerned with the written word. The socio-psychology of it all is fascinating. Though I was very capable with words from a very early age, one of my brothers was dyslexic and even today he struggles to express himself effectively in writing. That doesn't make him a lesser person - it's just the way his brain is wired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great question, I went back to read all the blogger comments and your answers. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I never go back to comments in others' posts, I never know what has been written there. Of course, I did in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to read your posts and never fail to read all the comments as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smarty Pants here. Proper punctuation, spelling and grammar are all essential regardless of the tone you want to set in your writing. Without it, the message gets messed up, and it can be very jarring to try to decipher what's meant vs. what's written. I see nothing wrong with making an effort to be accurate when using language, just as we ought to when using any other tool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting comments on that post, Red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree your posts should be all about your audience. What else are we here for? But I'd think that punctuation, sentence structure and grammar should at least be good enough so the audience can understand us without having to make too much of an effort. But whatever my opinion ... good of you to bring up the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading those comments from that post. I always read people's comments, they are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed your earlier post and the comments, but I'll add my two cents by saying I generally try to be grammatically accurate, at least to the best of my ability. I don't like the modern tendency to abandon punctuation and capitalization, treating everything like a text message. (I even punctuate and capitalize my text messages!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smarty Pants' words were exactly what my mother ingrained in me, and I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone has an opinion! No one is right and no one is wrong. I hated English in High School...parts of speech and proper writing...yet I blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree with smarty pants :)

    ReplyDelete