Friday, May 24, 2013

Prime Minister Stephen Harper: The Epitomy of Hypocrisy

    Our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper has a history of actions that are scrapes. He gets very close to the unacceptable, unethical and sleazy politics. In other words he goes from scandal to scandal. When he's nailed with these behaviors he stonewalls and shape shifts his and others performances for long enough that the controversy dies down and he's off the hook.

    There was skulduggery conducted by Harper's party in the last election where they used robo calls to tell people that their voting places had been changed so the other guys didn't get their votes out. Of course, Harper denies this even though a judge ruled yesterday that the list the robo caller used came from Harper's party. 

    Harper has used attack ads. He thinks nothing of taking words from different contexts and putting them together so that it makes the other guy look like something else. These ads have been incredibly mean and most inaccurate. 

    The latest incident involves expense accounts by some senators Harper appointed. The Senators have double charged for their living allowances. The one senator owned up and made a big show of paying the money back. Now we find out that the said senator got all the money from the Prime Minister's office. This doesn't smell right. It sounds like the Senator was paid by the govt. so he could pay off his expense account that was over billed to the tune of $90000 . Now nobody is talking. Questions are not being answered. Harper give has smile , smirk and walks away.

   Harper has made crime and punishment a big part of his platform. Harper is great on telling us how he cuts our taxes. I would hope that a hypocrite like Harper finds himself in some of his new jails. It's rather ironic that Harper's senators are paying themselves double out of out tax dollars. 

    So Harper has not done what he says. He has not kept his promises. He is not listening to the people just some of the people and then he doesn't hear very well at that.

    Now I'm ordinarily not a ranter. I'm a fairly mellow fellow. It takes quite a bit to upset me. So I hope that you will work with me on this rant. Harper has upset me by his unnecessary inappropriate behavior.

37 comments:

  1. that sounds terrible - the double-dipping expense billing - ripping off the people/govt at that level...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been caught and the denials are what's rally sick.

      Delete
  2. I hear you Red , and it sounds like dirty politics for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes , dirty politics. I hope it goes away.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more. When you run on "law and order", you'd better be squeaky clean. When the preacher gets caught fornicating, it is always worse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Willow - dirty politics. But then we see more of that these days than good.
    It's good to rant once in awhile Red and get things off your chest. I don't mind listening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's also a problem when it's a Canadian issue for Americans to understand what I'm talking about. Thanks for understanding what's going on.

      Delete
  5. I think that for once you have politicians that could surpass ours for their ability to lie and cheat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys are very open and aggressive about it. Before it was done more discretely.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like he's learned politics from the country to the south. That would be US. Sounds bad to me, Red. I hoped it was better in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Karl Rove has been advising this guy so you will know what it's like.

      Delete
  7. I hope your citizens become more aware and vote their rant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have more parties to chose from so I hope people wise up.

      Delete
  8. Everyone deserves a rant every now and then. Maybe others will read your post and change can come about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys seem to be shooting themselves in the foot hard enough that they just might demolish themselves...I hope.

      Delete
  9. Red, great to read an opinion like yours - not ranting, but just calling attention to the corruption of politics - show me a country in the world without corrupt politicians and I will move there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite a challenge. I used to be able to accept what we had before although it was not good. This stuff is just too aggressive.

      Delete
  10. I know little of Canadian politics, but I have come to respect your views over the time I have been following your blog. That is not ranting, that is explanation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. I do believe in debate. Make your point and support it. This guy can't seem to try that step. He just forces everything through.

      Delete
  11. I hope that your citizens will vote on integer politicians. But then, can you tell who's integer and who's not...?
    In my country (the Netherlands) it's not much different... :-)

    Sincerest greetings from the Netherlands,
    DzjieDzjee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have choices of other parties so we should be able to get rid of these guys.

      Delete
  12. It's really hard for me not to become completely cynical about politics and politicians right now. Between Harper, the senate fiasco, Rob and Doug Ford and everything else, it seems like no one cares about honesty, decency and forthrightness anymore. The Conservative party attack ads have always sickened me. This senate nonsense is just appalling.

    The hypocrisy is galling. It's hard for me to think well of my fellow human beings when it seems almost impossible to get anyone honest voted into office.

    Anyway, I feel your pain!!! Well said, Red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to look back too far to find a completely different type of politician.

      Delete
    2. Sad but true. I am watching the whole Rob Ford fiasco with total disgust.

      Delete
  13. Politicians are the same everywhere. Just look at their own benefit.
    First deceive with promises to get votes, when they are in power do not cumpen never promised. In Spain there are also many liars.
    Good Sunday.
    A hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad that most countries have such pathetically dishonest politicians.
      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  14. The English speaking world seems full of these types in recent years. How sad....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how we got here. They've stopped discussing issues and focus only on power and re-election.

      Delete
  15. If I had behaved like a politician on my job I would have been fired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true! And we would have deserved to be fired for incompetence.

      Delete
  16. You are a citizen and you SHOULD roar!
    Well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would rather debate issues rather than see things rammed through without discussion.

      Delete
  17. Sorry "Troutbirder" - what about the French, German, Danish, Chinese (if you can believe that a free democracy exists), the Mexicans, the Spanish, the Japanese etc etc - we'll forget about the tinpot dictatorships of the Muslim and African countries.
    The World is riddled with these politicans - be a bloody rogue, tell lies, and hey presto you might get on the "gravy train".
    In this rogue business of politicans, believe you me, Australia ranks at the top of the Western World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Trout birder's comment again. He's saying that the English speaking countries have recently seen their democracy eroded. They were at one time good practitioners of democracy.

      Delete
  18. Well said Red.

    I think we need to either abolish the Senate or do away with appointments and have an elected senate. We also need to have mechanisms in place so politicians are held accountable for breaking the law, rules on ethical behaviour/conduct with real consequences.

    I'm frustrated how Harper has bastardized ethics with his self-serving moral high ground.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get so sad at times about people in government...they should set an example of 'goodness', but as the old saying goes...power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com



    ReplyDelete