Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Spray Park Fitness

      Two years ago I bumbled into a spray park in town that was days away from being finished. I didn't know it was a spray park. I had to ask what it was. I had my camera so got photos of the soon to be opened spray park. These photos are all from 2013. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera today.
  




      Today I dropped the Micro Manager off for an appointment and found a parking spot right beside the spray park. Since I had time on my hands I thought , "Why not have a look at the spray park?"

   

     So I found an unoccupied picnic table in the shade and sat down to watch the  sights. I couldn't believe what I saw when I watched the kids. There were all kinds of creative and colorful  devices to spray water around. Some of them could be torqued a bit by the kids. A blue path lead through all the sprayers. Kids were so excited they ran most of the time. A special surface must have been applied as kids didn't slip. I was also amazed to see huge rocks that kids could use to jump from one rock to another. I thought that was a no no for safety reasons. The kids were on their own in the actions. Parents were sitting at tables or chairs looking after the stuff. There were no Mom's screaming to be careful! Don't go there!

   I guess what caught my eye more than anything was that all these kids were slim. I would think that these kids were probably active in all parts of their life. I think the spray park contributed to the fun of them being active and fit.

    So I'm glad I stopped at the spray park for a few minutes. I didn't expect to see any of the things I saw. It was a very positive surprise.

    Now if they'd only let me in the spray park!

29 comments:

  1. That is way cool!! I would love one of those built around here. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have other spray pools but none are as ritzy as this one.

      Delete
  2. Wish we had something like that here. Our local outdoor pool is way too crowded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this takes pressure off the pool. The little guys prefer the spray.

      Delete
  3. Why can't you go into the spray park/ Is there an age or size limit? Not fair if there is.
    I like the positive outlook you took away from this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be embarrassed as there are only kids and it is made for kids...not big ones!

      Delete
  4. That looks very pretty to play, I only don't see much activities here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how excited the kids were and how hard they played.

      Delete
  5. When I was a kid, every one of us was slim. I don't remember any fat kids in school, but today it's another story. I loved your description of the spray park. I think they are a great idea and I too wonder why they didn't slip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a different diet at that time , but I was still overweight.

      Delete
  6. You should have gone in!!! I did at ours!
    Our grandkids loved their trip to the park. My only concern is that they use treated water, stuff good enough to drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't think it's fair as it would be taking something away from the kids. I can see taking kids through the park.

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful spray park - kids love that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kids were really excited and they were very well behaved to each other.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I think the water was cool enough that they hesitated to go through each spray.

      Delete
  9. What a nice looking park! On a hot day it would be fun to jump right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's pretty good shade in the area so run through the water and sit in the shade.

      Delete
  10. There shouldn't be an age restriction on a public park. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is geared for kids and I wouldn't take their space.

      Delete
  11. I have never heard of a spray park before. I was going to say "it sounds like fun" but I think I will amend that to "it sounds like fun when you are young"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice spray park. We have a spray park which is used all summer, although not as ritzy as the one above it is still nice and is right beside our river downtown - also playground and lunch area. This one of yours is nicely colourful and unique. I would have gone and got sprayed on some of those taller sprays :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that looks like the kids would have a lot of fun on a hot day. B

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a really neat place for kids to play

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! My granddaughter would love this, especially since it's sweltering in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat post ... I would not have known what a "spray park" was without this post! Sounds great but I would have been concerned about the kids jumping from rock to rock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sneak in after dark! They'll never know! hahaha

    ReplyDelete