Tuesday, November 1, 2016

THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY TO GET RIPPED OFF !

     Now one way to get ripped off is when there is a specific plan to deliberately take advantage of you. There's always the guy who wants to make your computer run better. Just send him our pass word. There's a notice that says you won a prize and you will received it when you pay a $40.00 fee. The other way is when something is so poorly designed that it's not what it seems to be. The people have made a horrible mistake in the design.

     We  recently ran into something that was poorly designed. There was an ad in our paper for a Home Show. They advertised a coupon to get $2.00 off the admission charge. It looked like the coupon was in the ad. A careful look at the ad told you to go to a website and print off a coupon. Well, we went to the website but there was no place to copy and print a coupon. 

    So phone the beggars and ask them what's up. Where do I get my coupon for $2.00 off the admission. The micro manager talked to the person in charge of the offer. First the manager thought the coupon was in the ad. With one look she realized the coupon was not in the ad. Then she went to the website and looked and had to admit that there was no way you could copy a coupon.

    The person was very apologetic and sent two coupons to us by email.

    It's still not the end of the mess. We are seniors. The coupon was only $2.00 off for regular admission. Seniors didn't get anything off.

   Admission was $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for seniors. We're not talking about big bucks here. So the micro manager's power of deduction told her that it was a better deal to go as an adult and get the $2.00 off than to go as a senior for $4.00 admission.

    What a comedy of errors!


41 comments:

  1. Every penny (or dollar) saved helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Red, Pls tell the Micro Manager 'way to go' ... good thinking there. Saved the $2 off the adult price. Gosh, there is always something, isn't there? Neat post. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people are just too busy to take the time to see through some of these messes.

      Delete
  3. Good thing Micro Manager knows what's what. I hope the Home Show is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves home shows. I don't go so she takes a friend.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Somebody probably thinks they're pretty smart.

      Delete
  5. It never ends! I LOVE that photo at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something you have to watch out for. I think this is going to be one of my favorite photos of the micro manager.

      Delete
  6. It's good you have the micromanager to work on things like this. She sounds handy to have around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I wouldn't get things like this.

      Delete
  7. Your micromanager is a smart gal! I got a call that said my computer had a problem...I said "I don't have a computer"...they hung up on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... you really have to be on your toes these days to take advantage of such "deals."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no patience for stuff like that...maybe that is why I am not rich.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have argued the discount, but probably to no avail.Our retirement doesn't adjust to rising costs all around very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These people freely admitted that they made a mistake and apologized.

      Delete
  11. still got the best deal, after all of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, there is always some way to get ripped off. I learn a lot from my blogging buddies. Laughed at that picture at the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's much info out there but the crooks are always one step ahead of us.

      Delete
  13. I always love your posts! I knew, form the title it was YOU ripping someone off.
    What I have come to realize is that we seniors aren't the target audience.
    It is a sad state of affairs when we have to be on guard every moment: for false news reports, lies, obfuscation, and deceit.

    BTW
    The deer do eat pumpkins! Usually the raccoons, but the deer aren't too hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seniors are marks because they're not as swift as they used to be. If deer eat pumpkins, that's why animal care collects pumpkins for their animals.

      Delete
  14. I always say "better in my pocket than theirs"! Every little bit helps, especially when you're retired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, bravo to her for thinking about how to get the best deal! I admire her tenacity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. She did get a little riled up over this one.

      Delete
  17. The micro manager is a great manager. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate money-off coupons and store cards. Keep life as simple as possible is what I say. These special offers/coupons/ store cards are all just cunning business devices to trap us. It's not a game I wish to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure most people are with you. Did you ever get anything out of your airmiles?

      Delete
    2. Nope. I just let them expire. That's another trap.

      Delete
  19. What a story. So they rip of the unsuspecting seniors. What is new. Not very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never pay attention to any of that. I keep it simple. If you are not in my friend list, you are junk. Deleted Junk and trash emptied. I made myself to be an informed senior. I got most of those guys figured out. One way or another they take advantage of you and then when they get your email address, etc more junk mail...is there no end to this. NO ....just be aware.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Taking advantage of us old folks no doubt. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete