Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I FLUNKED THE CHRISTMAS TEST !

      I think I've been ignoring some of the nitty gritty of Christmas for too long or maybe I've just gone through the motions and not much stuck with me.

     The local paper had a draw for some merchandise. Now you could put your name in a draw but, you had to answer 16 trivia questions about Christmas. Now the Micro manager started on the answers and by the third question , I heard my name called. Did I know the answer to question 3? Well I didn't know the answer but I offered to look it up on the Internet.

     So much for question 3. I was called for question 5 and about nine others.

     What were the  questions? In "All I want for Christmas" what did Jen and Jo want? What brought Frosty to Life? You get the drift...trivia questions.

     Now I've listened to and sung most these tunes for  70 - 75 years. You'd think I'd know the answers by now.

     I stood and sang some of these songs at the college the night before when the local college had a sounds of the season event with their symphonic winds band and choral group.

    I enjoy attending other Christmas events. We're going to the LDS church to see 300 different Creche sets. Most families bring their creche from home and put it on display in the hall. It's interesting to see such a wide variety. Some are wood or stone or ceramic or cloth or straw...or many other materials.

    So I began to wonder the depth of my experience is with Christmas. How much ownership do I have in the Christmas festivities?
   
    I think I'm going to up my Christmas game so that the next test that comes around, I will pass.
     
Nicholas, Santa Claus, Christmas
 

34 comments:

  1. I love Christmas trivia. I tried a Christmas movie one on fb the other night and I got 3 wrong but if you ask me they were not really Christmas movies that I got wrong. Oh well. Maybe I need to study up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like trivia period. It's lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. It can be hard to come up with missing song lyrics. I usually have to try to sing the song in my head.
    But yes, you really do need to get with the program! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, I think we just get so used to the songs and rituals we've done for years that we do them without thinking. Cheers to you being more intentional for the next go around. I think it will be more meaningful that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little trivia makes us realize how much we really know.

      Delete
  4. I think attending musical events and the creche display shows all kinds of Christmas spirit. The trivia is just that, trivia designed to trip you up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My memory would have me going on the Internet as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really depend on the Internet for lots of basic info.

      Delete
  6. I don't know any of the answers you asked about, either. Maybe you're right and you need to up your Christmas game, Red. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to just go through the motions and things don't sink in.

      Delete
  7. I'm a dunce when it comes to remembering song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were under pressure! I bet in a more relaxed atmosphere, you'd be a whiz these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No these were not there at all but it was fun to figure them out.

      Delete
  9. Hi Red, Well, as you might expect, after reading this post I had to go check on the lyrics for All I Want for Christmas. Then I got sidetracked on that Chipmunk Song ... remember? ... All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth. I need a lot of work on my Christmas game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of it is overkill. We hear Christmas music everywhere for a month and then it's gone.

      Delete
  10. NO, no the Christmas test was wrong, not you !
    are you kind? do you care for others? even the ones you don't have a vested interest in? that's the Christmas test

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your questions are good not just for Christmas but all year.

      Delete
  11. either i relay on internet to check my memory as if it is correct or not Red.

    It happens often that we stay in touch with many things but never ponder upon details to keep them stricly in mind all the time .
    now you are alert so i am sure the next test will be the victory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get to rely on the internet for too many things.

      Delete
  12. The only Christmas songs I can remember any more are the standards for which I wrote obscene lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well , that's one way to remember things.

      Delete
  13. Good luck with that. They keep writing new songs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you stood and sang some songs ... you're doing better than you think. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you don't up your Christmas game Santa will leave you nothing but some cold ashes from the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I think I would fail the test too. I would need to google some of these questions and answers. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't answer those questions either but my wife could. Frosty's hat brought him to life. As for Jen and Jo, never heard of them. :)
    Will have to study harder I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I might be in trouble with such a quiz.... I have no idea who Jen or Jo are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As the numbers keep building up on me, I find those kinds of facts have fallen into a ditch. You have me thinking about Frosty but I think I will just move on and not spend much time on it. I keep going to buy things for my wife and forgetting that I bought her the very same one last year. Hang in there on the contests.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to see that creche display! I have the one I grew up with, with papier maché figurines. I really loved it putting it out when I was a child. Hope you have a very merry Christmas, Red!

    ReplyDelete