Wednesday, December 5, 2018

SATURDAY BIRDING

T
     As you know, I lead a birding group for two hours on Saturdays. This fall we were out 13 times. Once it gets to December it's too cold for cameras and field glasses.  From December to April we will get the same 8 - 10 suspects . They're the only ones here.

     So it was that we had our wind up for the end of the fall season. This fall we saw 59 species and had 36 people participate. Usually we had 10 to 12 people each session.

     Our windup is a coffee and cake session



     This year I was most surprised when some one pulled out a bag and pushed it my way. Okay , what's going on? 
   
      The first bag contained a mug. When I looked at it I nearly fell off my chair. There was a very candid shot of me attached to the mug. I was touched.  Lynette takes awesome bird photos. ( I've used some on this blog.) and some cool candid shots of birders. She had a mug done up with me and some good bird shots of the fall of 2018.








     Now I think I have another nick name ...Duck! Just as she took the photo I pointed and hollered "duck" as some ducks flew over. That's why "duck" is on the photo.

    The second gift was also hand done. A craft that is new to me uses pebbles to make a combination of sculpture and painting. Again there's  humor and a great caption. Estelle caught the idea of bird watching.




     So the thank you for the card and gifts. They were most appreciated.

35 comments:

  1. What a great gift and card! Very suitable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cool gifts. It sounds like you lead a lovely bunch of people on bird walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you! It shows how much they appreciate you leading the group. The mug is really nice and the pebble picture is so creative and fun. Congratulations on another season well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After every birding session I go home and I'm pumped. It's a great activity.

      Delete
  4. You are surrounded by sweetness and light. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very nice surprise present for you. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a big surprise. For me the reward is just doing the activity.

      Delete
  6. Red? Keith? Duck? Sir? How many names have you got?
    Such thoughtful gestures by Lynette and Estelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, they are nice gifts. I am sure you are a great leader of these birds walks and are very appreciated. Love the Duck mug. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of fun on these walks and lots of interaction between sightings.

      Delete
  8. That is so sweet! You are a good man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, careful with the compliments. They could go to my head! I enjoy the activity.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful way for them to show you how much you are appreciated. I LOVE that mug! And the cute pebble card, too, what great friends you have, Red. I appreciate you, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great mugs and gifts. Love the one of you. DUCK! Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the thought coming with the gifts.

      Delete
  11. Love the mug idea, a perfect gift for you. i am still giggling thinking of many I would offer similar to. thanks for the concern, I don't let much pull me down, ask my frustrated doc. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hit the nail on the head with those gifts.

      Delete
  12. That is a nice surprise for you. Very nice gifts from your birding friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just birding with people is enough reward for me.

      Delete
  13. What great and thoughtful gifts. You are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they're a great group to spend two hours with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely and thoughtful gifts you received from your birding friends, Red. And best of all they were a surprise, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such thoughtful gifts in appreciation for your trip planning and leading. Getting something handmade is really special. Looks like a great party food-wise, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't that thoughtful! These are such great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely thought. I am very taken with both the mug and the pebble picture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a nice gift for you! I like the card too!

    ReplyDelete