Monday, July 24, 2023

PEEKS THROUGH THE FOREST.

     On July 9 I wrote about a good walk to check on some flowers. You have two options to get down to the bottom of the valley. You can take a winding trail that gets you to the valley bottom or a set of stairs that takes you to the valley bottom. 

    I chose to take the stairs. There are about 200 steps. Next time I take the steps , I'll count them. On the way down there are several places where there are openings in the trees and you can see across the valley. There are also glimpses of a bridge spanning the Red Deer River . This bridge is designed for walkers, runners, bicycles, horses and skiers. Oh yes, I have seen a loaded gravel truck cross this bridge.

    So here are some of the views I saw as I went down the stairs. Then there's a view of the bridge deck. 










29 comments:

  1. Kay of Musings: The views are gorgeous but gosh! 200 steps would do me in. You are much more fit than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the 200 steps almost did me in and I had to stop about 5 times...not like a few years ago.

      Delete
  2. I've relaxed just looking through your photos! Thanks for the tour. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to take your time and enjoy the view.

      Delete
  3. Nice walk, pretty views of the river. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would want to share that bridge at the same time as a loaded gravel truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the bridge was built to take such a load.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful and peaceful. Well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice walk! I hope all of Canada a gets rain soon and puts the fires out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some rain tonight but not enough to put out any fires.

      Delete
  7. That was such a lovely walk there. Thank you for photographing the beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go through this area on my bike so I was in this area many times, sometimes for days in a row.

      Delete
  8. That looks like a nice walk and some beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gravel truck on the bridge? Surely the bridge was not designed to carry such weights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bridge was designed for such a load.

      Delete
  10. And did you come back up the stairs too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh, how did you get back up? Helicopter?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. 200 steps are past me, now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keith,; where is the bridge? Bob k

    ReplyDelete
  15. 200 steps makes me dizzy ,reminds me when during one of our outing we took such long stairs ,everyone piled up when got up though view was rewarding :)
    this is such a lush and gorgeous place

    ReplyDelete
  16. 200 steps! Wow! I would be huffing and puffing by the time I got to the top. But it is a nice view! Thanks for making the trek for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful place for a walk but I think I would be on my knees if I ever got half-way down or up. Really impressed with you.

    ReplyDelete