Sunday, July 7, 2024

COULD IT BE?

        Could this guy be Spencer?


        For more than a year I have noticed disturbances in the soil in the flower bed underneath my living room window. Only recently I made the discovery that these disturbances were caused by a rabbit. Even more recently I have caught the culprit spending his/her time in the flowers and shrubs in front of my house. I have been walking by him/her many times and him/her has not flushed  and I didn't know that there was a beast there.  In fact, this is a very cheeky bunny. He/She gets up and moves about two meters and stops to see if I'm  going to leave the area. 

     So this bunny has chosen a prime area to spend the day safely dozing and grooming. And once in a while he/she gets up and enters my back yard. There he/she has helped himself/herself to my garden produce. To date my lettuce, peas, beans and beets have been sampled. 


      It was a blue sky day this morning. 


    So I've set up baracades to try to prevent the bunny from having a healthy lunch.

    How many of you remember the story of M McGregor and Peter Rabbit? I feel like Mr MacGregor.

27 comments:

  1. Just be glad you don't have raccoons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rabbit's lifestyle has a certain appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do let him stay - what's a few lettuce leaves between friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He/she probably has the upper hand in this situation as they are very crafty.

      Delete
  4. Awww, cute rabbit. We have a few living in our yard.
    Take care, have a great day and a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking healthy bunny, all right! You are feeding him/her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's great food for them in town here. They are opportunists and find my garden very tasty.

      Delete
  6. An unwelcome guest but a smart, cute one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in the neighborhood all the time. They find that living in town is great.

      Delete
  7. Geez, the Peter and Mr McGregor story upset me when I was very young. Poor Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the few kids books when I was little.

      Delete
  8. Spencer seems to be eating a healthy diet. Can you put out rabbit feed a distance away to help keep him out of your garden? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rabbit food for these fatties. I can close up my garden fence to keep him out.

      Delete
  9. hope he is not causing issues and is good to have around dear Red :)
    he seems decent actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a rabbit that nibbles at my flowers each year near my kitchen windows. We call it "BunBun" and are always happy to see him each year. Of course, it is probably not the same rabbit but we pretend it is and always welcome him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very cute bunny to have hopping around in your yard. I hope it doesn't eat all of your lettuce. We have an opossum who comes in our yard every evening and has been enjoying all of our strawberries. Ah wildlife! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spencer is thriving, he looks very big! I hope you were able to deter him a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He can be your new best friend if you let him. :) Maybe he would like his own little garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you and Perhaps Spencer can work out a compromise and coexist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only one, I hope. A family would be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I immediately thought of Peter Rabbit and his entire family...
    I ask myself: Are you well served with just one rabbit?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Smiling here, he is a handsome little boy/girl. We had rabbits feeding on the patch of clover in the front of the house. When we got rid of the clover, no more rabbits and have to say I do miss seeing them. Mind you, we had no lettuce or anything else growing at the time, just clover.

    ReplyDelete