Thursday, November 29, 2018

LEAKY TEAKY II

  The solution to my leaking humidifier came about very easily.

   The first day I thought I had to check with the company who made the humidifier. I found out these humidifiers are no longer made and that if you were very, very lucky you might find parts. I then checked out stores that had sold the humidifiers. I found a surprising number of part but no hoses. That took care of the first day.

    We've dealt many times with a man who runs a small retail outlet for a plumbing supply company. So the next day I said we'll go there first. Were we lucky. He was able to supply us with all the necessary parts . So :7 ft of hose, two ferrules, two inserts and a copper compression nut .  Put them together and we were good to go.

    So with a little help from my friend things were repaired quickly and easily.

Image result for brass compression nut

22 comments:

  1. Yay for being able to repair rather than replace, and yay for your friend who helped make it possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot an important detail in the post. It only cost three bucks for the parts.

      Delete
  2. Glad there are still specialized small retail outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That type of thing NEVER works for me. I usually break it or end up with lots of hardware I cannot use. Envy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. It's happened around here a few times.

      Delete
  4. I love a story with a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I had you worried before the happy ending!

      Delete
  5. Hello, it is a relief to find help and have an easy repair. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy made it easy and made me look good!

      Delete
  6. Great news, Red. It's always good to have such friends around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times this guy is great The times things didn't work were when I didn't do what he said.

      Delete
  7. Excellent! Glad you were able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very simple. If I'd found the part it was $24.95. As it was the parts cost $3.00.

      Delete
  8. It's always nice to have a friend that can help out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you got your happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you were able to repair your humidifier without too much trouble or expense. A very similar situation happened to us with our humidifier just a day or two after it happened to you. After hearing water dripping I found our house humidifier was leaking. However it was not a leak in the pipe but a problem with the connection. My husband was able to correct that but when he went to turn the humidifier water valve back on the valve broke! He thought he could repair it himself but it now turns out he cannot so we will end up having to get a plumber out! Darn! He tried to fix it but it went from bad to worse! Don't you hate those situations! I'm glad yours is repaired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to tell you in the post that the parts were $3.00.

      Delete
  11. Don't you love it when occasionally things do go right? Glad you got the humidifier repaired without a lot of problems.

    ReplyDelete