Thursday, April 11, 2019

TOO MANY EYE TESTS IN ONE DAY!

    Yesterday I had five eye tests in 6 hours! I started at 8:30 AM  with a pressure test and peripheral vision test. At 10:30 AM  I had another pressure test. At 12:30  PM I had another pressure teat and and at 2:30 I had a final pressure test. The two hours between tests meant that if I was going back home it was for only a few minutes and to sit for two hours waiting for the next test was terribly boring.

     I stayed from 8:30 to 10:30 and went home in between the others.

    All my pressure result were 17 to 23 . For my peripheral vision I only missed one dot.

    So what was this all about?  My optometrist found pressures in the 27- 28 range. He also found a spot in the peripheral vision test that I was missing. He didn't know why I had these results  and worried about this so sent me to an opthamologist.

     The opthamologist found thicker than usual corneas and that will cause a higher pressure reading. So the real pressure is much lower. The thickness of the cornea and pressure relationship was only discovered a short time ago. So the high pressure was explained. They used a different pressure test apparatus for me.

     As for the peripheral vision results? I think maybe the optometrist's machine may be a problem.

     Anyway a long day gave me some good results. By the end of the tests my eyes were a little sore as they put a little numbing stuff before they do the test. I don't have to worry about glaucoma.

36 comments:

  1. It's great that it turned out nothing was wrong with your eyes. I find after one visit of all kinds of tests I get eye fatigue so I can't imagine going through so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lucky and this is the first bunch I've had to have.

      Delete
  2. So glad you got good results! Did you send this snow...just kidding it came from Colorado:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a stretch of very nice weather.

      Delete
  3. Thats great news even though it was a testing day.
    My right side peripheral vision is classed unreliable. I used to have great vision so it's a little disappointing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one would classify the guy's machine unreliable.

      Delete
  4. That's quite a day! My husband just went for an issue. His tear duct in one eye isn't working. He has glaucoma starting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tear ducts are part of the pressure problem so I hope the repair is successful.

      Delete
  5. Nice to hear you won't require a white stick and a guide dog Red...well not for a few weeks anyway. And you'll still be able to see your feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I start thinking about it I do some things that require good eye sight ...birding being one of the,.

      Delete
  6. Hello, that is a lot of eye test. I am glad you do not have to worry about Glaucoma. Enjoy your day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's better than many tests I might have to take.

      Delete
  7. Great news, Red. I don't have it either but I've got age-related macular degeneration, which means my visit isn't great. However, since I had the cataract surgery, I can see MUCH better. They always check the pressure in my eyes and it's fine. Glad your eyes are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of stuff that can be checked in our eyes.

      Delete
  8. After all those tests, I'm surprised that you can see at all! But it sounds like your eyesight is doing just fine ... good news, and something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the drops 4 times so it left my eyes a bit tired. Yes, I'm fortunate.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you don't have to worry about glaucoma. It does make all those crazy tests worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder how many people are diagnosed with glaucoma when they have thing corneas.

      Delete
  10. Good news erases the worry. Glad for the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried...well, I never worry.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear you passed all the tests. Good vision is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my lens coating disintegrated, I was worried that I was losing vision.

      Delete
  12. That's good news Red, glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried as I don't worry. I let the optometrist do the worrying and this time he did a good job.

      Delete
  13. I have a hard time when I need tests, makes me kind of honoree..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worse the test the more I cool down.

      Delete
  14. I can imagine that would be tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It makes for a long day to have all those tests and not much to do while you're waiting, but how good to find out there are no issues. Long may things stay that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a long day. I'm glad the results turned out good though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very tiring period, indeed, but at least the results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Red, Good to hear the end result. When I first started reading this I thought it was going to be prep for cataract surgery. Sounded like some stuff they did when I had that a couple years ago. Glad you didn't need any surgery and the eyes are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what is good about it that you take very good care of your health over all my friend which is rare here

    people go to the doctor when self medication remains ineffective

    this is satisfying to know that your eyes are doing good :)
    may you be blessed with perfect health always,amen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to read that the results of the day-long testing was good news. I will be having cataract surgery this month after several hours of evaluation and testing and am looking forward to the outcome.

    ReplyDelete