Saturday, October 11, 2014

Thanksgiving

      This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. To all my Canadian followers, Happy Thanksgiving.

      Thanksgiving here is a somewhat moderate long week end. There are a few exciting Canadian foot ball games, but foot ball is not a big deal except for those few who like it. Mostly families get together for some visiting. The big turkey feast is all but gone. We had roast turkey breast with the trimmings. If the weather is fine , outdoor activities are enjoyed. If we have rotten weather well inside activities take place. 

     So yesterday was a fine fall day. We had a high temperature of 21 C (72 F) with lots of sunlight and calm. I wish I knew how to take a photo of a nice fall day.  We didn't set any high temp records ,but it was very nice.  We are looking forward to a pleasant weekend weather wise.

     Now it is tradition for one to identify what one is thankful for. Usually we pick one thing that has been a major influence in the past year. I'm not good at selecting one thing that is above all others. I am thankful for all the usual: family, good health, good friends, peace, hope, excellent community, fine neighbors, blogging, bloggers... My hope is that as many people as possible can be thankful  for what I am thankful for.

    And to my American followers, have a great Columbus day week end.

30 comments:

  1. i love your hope. :) happy thanksgiving, red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving weekend Red! I hope that warm weather gets here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Trust me, you'll get some warm weather.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you keep the great weather for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll just take what weather comes and be happy with it!

      Delete
  4. "My hope is that as many people as possible can be thankful for what I am thankful for." Inspirational Red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy Thanksgiving for you. We don't know this habit here, but I like the idea behind the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably have other celebrations that do the same thing.

      Delete
  6. Lovely sentiments, Red. I'm very thankful that both of my boys were under our roof, Friday night. We did the full turkey dinner then. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have all the family together!

      Delete
  7. You are in the category of hope that I would wish as well, when we gather together on Thanksgiving weekend. My Mom used to always say when we didn't have much - "there's always someone else who has less. Be thankful for what you have" - and so, I am thankful and pass it on by my actions each and every day. Blessings to you n yours Red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we always have to look at the other guy.

      Delete
  8. Yes, Happy Thanksgiving, Red. You are one of the things I'm grateful for: my blogging family, which you are definitely part of. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! Wonderful post. It is too hard to pick one thing, or two or three things to be thankful for. There are so many...every single day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are most fortunate for the many things we have.

      Delete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving, Red. Here in Seattle we are calling Columbus Day Indigenous People's Day. It is not a holiday here in Washington State anyway, and we have all become aware that Columbus was a bad dude. The Italian Americans are mad it us now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having an Indigenous Day.

      Delete
  11. Our neighbors in Minneapolis are forgoing Columbus and celebrating "Indigenous Peoples Day."

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my Canadian friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your sense of gratitude, Red. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Happy Thanksgiving to you, kind sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was a happy one. I can't imagine you not being happy. You make others happy too. We need more folks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very belated Thanksgiving greetings! Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete