Monday, October 10, 2016

THANKFULNESS

    Since it's Thanksgiving say there is a tradition to take some time and list what you've been thankful for over the last year.    I sometimes try to think back and remember what I said last year that I was thankful about.

    Now usually we name things that are large in our life. Such as , Mom and Dad. Mom had to put up with me for 34 years and Dad 68 years! My parents gave themselves very little credit for raising and providing for me. I'm sure I've expressed thanks for the Micro Manager in my life. Most of the time the Micro Manager is just that...someone who looks after the important details. I'm thankful for my son and daughter and granddaughters.

    However, this year, I can't help but think about all the little things that go into a year. The chat with someone. The joke shared, The warm smile. The help holding a door. The good books I read. The dogs that are walked by each day and who visit me. The birds that visit my yard. A cloudy day. All of these things are small. So I am thankful for all the small things that make up daily life.

    Daily life is what it's all about. We move through life one day at a time. There are no big gulps. Just small sips. Little things make up our life and that's what I'm thankful for.

    So Canadian friends, I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

Turkey, Bird Watching, Living Nature, Animal, Beak

21 comments:

  1. There are so many of those little things to be thankful for. We encounter them every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are little things yet very important.

      Delete
  2. Yes Red, it is the little things that make up our lives and the day to day things. I am grateful for all the good things in each and every day too. I had a nice Thanksgiving and a relaxing weekend. I hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to put things in perspective from time to time. We had a good Thanksgiving here.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am grateful for my comfortable home. It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Travel is great but sometimes getting back home is better.

      Delete
  4. You are so right. It's the little daily things that make life great and we never stop and give thanks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the little things of life that give us gratitude.
    Greetings from Austira
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes the little things are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is the small things in our lives that add up an make us feel good.I try to relate to them daily feel happy to have what is offered. I keep thinking about your snow. I picked the last 5 tomatoes and today is to warm enough for shorts possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very well said. my life consists of only small things. they bridge together and keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree -- the beauty of life is in the details. Happy Thanksgiving, Red! (Even though you're a month and a half early, at least by my standards. : ) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, it's the little things that are the most important to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's wonderful, Red. I also am thankful for the little things, and my blogging buddies are there, not so little after all. Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Red, You said it all perfectly. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Red, Happy Thanksgiving a few days late! I am thankful I can still read...and for you and your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so right Red. Mostly life is indeed little sips and most days are quite undramatic. Recognising wonder in ordinary days is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving Red. I would do good to remember what you have said. I was catching up reading the posts I've missed and can not believe those two guys who insisted that you had bought a table. That's just crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving Red, to you and to all our Canadian friends. This is a warm and lovely post. I try never to take any day for granted and there are so many blessings in life, like reading his post for instance. Thank you Red :)

    ReplyDelete