Sunday, December 24, 2017

PEACE

      The time leading up to Christmas is always very busy, hectic, and chaotic as we prepare to celebrate Christmas. 

       As a child , at school we were busy preparing for the school Christmas concert. Mother was baking endlessly and we were quality testing what she baked. Huge mail order parcels arrived and we were not allowed to see them opened. Christmas excitement for kids is over the top.

      As a young adult there was always a rush to make it home for Christmas. Remember the Christmas exams in university?

     Marriage and small children brought busy changes to my Christmas celebration again. Being a teacher, finishing school before Christmas was wild. Kids were pumped for Christmas.



    As a family we had shopping, greeting cards, kid's concerts  and sometimes travel to prepare for.

    So when Christmas Eve arrived all the frenetic activity ended.

     Peace!

     No matter what part in my life it was , Christmas eve always turned quiet and peaceful. I always went outdoors Christmas Eve to experience the stillness and quietness. I just breathed some of it in.

     Peace! What a wonderful feeling!

    At this time on earth we need peace more than ever. 

    To all my followers and readers I wish you peace at this time and for 2018.

33 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Red! Thank you for writing and sharing your blog. It's always a joy to read! May you, your wife and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    Best wishes from Bonnie in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas day.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post. I can relate to most of it. It is wonderful to stop and smell the air and pause when all the frenzy dies down and we look forward to Christmas Day. Peace to you & the micromanager for the rest of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and there's a certain amount of joy in that peace.

      Delete
  3. Peace. A wish for the whole world.

    Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so loved the kids at this time of year. Pretty quiet here, just mournful deer, with snow on their faces, roaming around trying to find food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they were a bit much for me...middle school.

      Delete
  5. You summed it up perfectly. All the craziness before makes you feel and savor the peace after. I took the dog out last night and enjoyed the sky, the cats parked everywhere and the lights in all the houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The city seems to come to a grinding halt Christmas eve except for the church services.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post, Red. Thank you for being in my life and bringing joy to me with everything you write. Merry Christmas and the best new year ever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So often we lump things together and miss out on the significance of one at a time.

      Delete
  7. I wish you much peace and happiness. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you've had a wonderful day.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks. No better place for Christmas than out on the prairie.

      Delete
  9. And I wish you Peas! Garden Peas! Lots of em. Give Peas A Chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been a riot in your classes. I like the Beatle's tune.

      Delete
  10. I'm wishing you peace and love this holiday season, Red. Happy Christmas to you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you've had a wonderful day.

      Delete
  11. Yes peace is definitely what this world needs. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you. I hope you've had a wonderful day.

      Delete
  12. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Red. Peace is perhaps the best wish anyone can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you've had a wonderful day.

      Delete
  13. I hope your day is/ was peaceful and that it continues into the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we even had some nice snow to make things better!!!

      Delete
  14. Merry Christmas! I am still winding down from all the activity ...not so peaceful yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were alone today and it was peaceful. I am old enough now that I too appreciate the time and space to enjoy the lack of commitments. I enjoyed your sequence of life changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've celebrated Christmas with the two of us since 2008 and enjoy it..

      Delete
  16. Wishing you many many years of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully said, Red.

    It's a difficult time of year for me personally. I felt better yesterday than I had the previous two days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fond memories Red, thank you for sharing them. I was busy once again this Christmas, but it was a good busy. Who knows, maybe this weekend I'll even get in some blogging time, but for now I'd like to wish you a blessed and Happy New Year! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete