Sunday, September 29, 2019

I FOUND THE SINGER AND MORE.

    In my last post I left by wondering about  a third singer to go along with Perry Como and Johnny Ray. I found him and  more.

    I remembered a radio show called the Breakfast Club. It seemed to me the singer I was looking for was on the Breakfast Club. I found the Breakfast Club and right away I found the singer I was looking for...Johnny Desmond. Desmond had an active career in music, movies , television and show business. I was happy to find Johnny Desmond.

    After the Breakfast Club there was a 5 minute segment called Morning Devotions. I remember the theme music was from the cello and very calm and soothing. I've always like the cello. Now I don't remember any thing about the Morning Devotions. Hey, why don't I look it up?

    Now what I accidentally bumped into was more interesting. I remember listening to the Breakfast Club most mornings when I was a kid at home. It came on at 7: 15 AM for a half an hour. It had music and comedy and I'm not sure what else. I tried to listen to one or two of them and found the sound and quality very poor. I think the Breakfast Club started in 1933 with emcee Don McNiel. It ran into the early 60's.

    So does anybody else remember Johnny Desmond? Does anybody else remember the Breakfast Club.? It was also called the Swift's Breakfast Club when Swifts began sponsoring it.

    Oh , there was a comedian...Sam something, who I really liked. I have to go back and find this guy and see why I really liked him.

23 comments:

  1. ...the only Desmond that I remember was Paul Desmond, the sax player with Dave Brubeck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is before my time. Sounds nice! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this would be well before your time.

      Delete
  3. No, I can't say I remember him. Perry Como, that is another thing altogether. I can even still hear his voice when I think of him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny . This guy was successful in a number of areas. He was in quite a few movies.

      Delete
  4. Yay Youtube. I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something that didn't come to my head until I remember the Breakfast Club.

      Delete
  5. I don't remember hearing Johnny Desmond. I'm going to google around and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to read back to your post about Perry Como. I sure remember Perry Como but not Johnny Desmond. I Googled Johnny Desmond and his face looks familiar but can't remember his singing. Wish today there were good musical variety shows on TV like the old Perry Como show, and many others, instead of the crazy crap that is on now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't watch TV but I loved Red Skeleton, Carol Burnet, Ed Sullivan...they were great.

      Delete
  7. No, I never heard that name before. Good luck with searching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaand this is how we fall down the YouTube rabbit hole!!

    I don't recall any of this - too young by just a bit, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the Breakfast Club... it came on at 9 am for me and I only got to listen to it when I was sick. Did you march around the breakfast table??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do know Perry Como, but unfortunately he's the only familiar name for me in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't remember Johnny Desmond but feel I have heard of the Breakfast Club. Most likely after I moved across the pond. My in-law's loved to watch The Lawrence Whelk Show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must be too young...we only had a radio in the barn to calm the cows so they gave more milk!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I have heard of Desmond, but not the Breakfast Club show, so perhaps it was not broadcast in the US?

    ReplyDelete