Sunday, August 30, 2020

BIRDING ON A WINDY MORNING

I've started birding with my regular Saturday morning again. It feelds great to get out. This saturday we went to a desserted farm that has been taken over by the city. A project on urbn agriculture is taking place there. A creek runs through the propety butthere was a cattle operation on the location and much of the land damaged. they are trying to restore the creek by plabnting trees . However, I birded arounf the farm stead. The area is being used to let people rent plots to greo gardens. There is a 600 meter lane to enter the property. One side of the lane has natural habitat and the other a thick old shelterbelt. I thought I would see many birds in the lane but I was skunked . A pair of red tail hawks and Swainson's hawks kept screaming at me so no birds broke their cover.

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you are birding with your group again! The farm sounds like an interesting place to search for birds but I guess if there are hawks around the birds went elsewhere! I bet it was still fun to get out with your group again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I usually do not find many birds on windy days, they probably also stay hidden if the hawks are hanging around. It is still nice to get out for a walk. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how much you enjoy birding, so I hope it gets better over future Saturday mornings, Red. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Returning to normal and truly appreciating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the hawks and eagles are hunting here, the small birds are scarce. Great to get out in nature though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can only improve as you go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a good place for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps the birds have not come back yet. They survive on believing they can trust us.

    ReplyDelete