Thursday, August 31, 2023

MILEAGE

       Many times I write a post and then see that I missed some information. In my last post I didn't miss something. Some added information would make things clearer. 

      I live in Red Deer, Alberta Canada. My province is 1200 km(751miles ) from north to south. It is 610 Km ( 410 miles east to west. )

    It's the 6th largest province in Canada. 

    Travelling to Inuvik we always stopped for fuel in Yellowknife. I also attended 2 conferences there. In the early 1960's it was very much a frontier town. It was established as a gold mining town. Oh yes, I got a tour of one of the gold mines.

    I hope that this helps to make sense of the distances involved in the evacuation. 

12 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will never have to travel that far to evacuate. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good addition. It's a heckuva distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope Yellowknife and surrounding areas escape the worst of the fires. Thanks for the update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is a lot of distance to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that no place in Western Canada is close to any other place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellowknife if quite a distance from Red Deer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of land! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alberta oh yes i have seen this beautiful place in movies many times

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you visited the gold mine did you slip any nuggets of gold into your pocket? Come on, tell the truth now Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canada is so huge you can drive for a long time and not see a town:)

    ReplyDelete