Tuesday, July 14, 2026

BELIEF

            A belief which leaves no place  for doubt is not a belief, it is a superstition.

                                                                               Jose Bergamin

         There's some pretty deep thought from Bergamin on this quote. When I'd copied this quote I missed the author. I found out that all I needed to do was google it.

       So far some of these quotes have been humor and some advice and others comments on life.

12 comments:

  1. That is a powerful statement and probably true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is deep. Back in the 60s, in your classroom, when you put these on the chalkboard, did you include your words of comment? In my HUMBLE opinion, belief alone does not make something true … that requires evidence, reflection, and a willingness to question ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like many religions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep quotes can be very evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superstition, faith… potato potato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superstition, faith… potato potato

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear Red ,i love gaining wisdom and i think it mostly comes from those who existed before us
    i was more busy with other things and hospital tests so i will surly read all i have missed :)
    i liked this one ,it's true ,nothing in us whether body or mind is hardwired ,it keeps changing and can be altered ,so our thoughts and belief shloud also have room for doubt and enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope do not agree. I believe without a doubt that I am saved by Grace and Grace alone because Jesus Christ died for me on the cross and has forgiven all my sins and someday I will be in Heaven...NOT a superstition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say that it is a faith, not a superstition.

    ReplyDelete