I walk most evenings I walk from 3 to 5 km. I usually go by the beaver pond and check on what is going on. Usually there are other people on the bridge as well. It's a good place to visit.
Well, yesterday I happened to be on the bridge and a cyclist came along. We talked about beavers and muskrats for a few minutes. By this time I noticed a suitcase on the back of his bike. Jokingly I asked him if he was going on a trip. Oh he said, " I keep my batteries in there. " I was beginning to notice few things. This bike looked different and he was going to tell me. He got the motor on Ebay or one of those sites. He attached a seat not a bicycle seat. It was a bench seat.
He had foam rubber strips attached to his helmet straps so the wind didn't interfere with listening to his music. He had attached lights. He had a special holder for his phone.
I'm probably missing a few things. All of this was set on a recumbent bike frame. Now I was impressed at what this young fellow did.
I'm sure he will find himself in some kind of fabrication later on.
However , this was a different visit at the beaver pond than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment