Red, an old friend has seen us in many ways … at our best, at our worst, and while we were changing. Such a friend can reflect back not only how we appear, but who we truly are. John
An old and very good friend told me I make the funniest faces all the time. I didn't think so. I asked Art and he said, "Absolutely! I've lived with them for over 50 years." Hmmmm... Since I'm on the other side of my face, I've no idea what they're talking about.
I disagree with George Herbert. The best mirror is one that makes me look like Errol Flynn in his heyday.
ReplyDeleteRed, an old friend has seen us in many ways … at our best, at our worst, and while we were changing. Such a friend can reflect back not only how we appear, but who we truly are. John
ReplyDeleteNow that is a lovely quotation and how true.
ReplyDeleteA great quote and so true! Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteInteresting concept.
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet quote. I have a friend like that.
ReplyDeleteI've sorta run out of friends!
ReplyDeleteTrue story.
ReplyDeleteYes I think that is true!
ReplyDeleteLovely and true!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWonderful quote!
ReplyDeleteWe ugly people certainly don't think of mirrors as friends. Thinking of friends as mirrors is an interesting twist on it.
ReplyDeleteAn old and very good friend told me I make the funniest faces all the time. I didn't think so. I asked Art and he said, "Absolutely! I've lived with them for over 50 years." Hmmmm... Since I'm on the other side of my face, I've no idea what they're talking about.
ReplyDelete