Monday, September 21, 2026

ANGER

            Anger makes dull men witty, but it keep them poor.

                                                             Mark Twain

            I don't get this one at all. It's over my head.

12 comments:

  1. Ha, some Twain quotes do seem deliberately cryptic — maybe that's half the joke. Nice that you just said it straight instead of pretending it clicked right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure anger dulls most anyone, witty or not; makes them poor in character. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it is a strange quote. Take care, enjoy your day and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A clever insult may win the moment while costing far more in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I expect that we make poor judgements when we are angry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Red. I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went looking for this quote to get some context (hoping that would explain it) and Google is telling me it's actually from Elizabeth I, as recorded by Francis Bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anger is wonderful for inspiring a bitter humour, which can be witty.
    Anger also disrupts logic and relationships so angry people lose in aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete