I sometimes think it’s better to be a pessimist than an optimist because optimists are frequently disappointed but pessimists are occasionally pleasantly surprised.
I sometimes think it’s better to be a pessimist than an optimist because optimists are often disappointed but pessimists are often pleasantly surprised.
I think it is healthy to steer a course between the two, judging each situation on its merits, Sometimes optimism is stupid and the same can be said of pessimism. It just depends.
We always ask :are you a glass half full or a glass half empty" person to designate optimists and pessimists. I always answer " half a glass" I am a realist.
what a wonderfully said in few words dear Red for which i would have filled pages maybe ,i completely agree
ReplyDeleteYes, this is true! Great quote by Churchill.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day and the rest of the week!
I sometimes think it’s better to be a pessimist than an optimist because optimists are frequently disappointed but pessimists are occasionally pleasantly surprised.
ReplyDeleteLol. Now this tickled my funny bone!
DeleteI sometimes think it’s better to be a pessimist than an optimist because optimists are often disappointed but pessimists are often pleasantly surprised.
ReplyDeleteRed, which one are you?
ReplyDeleteI try to be positive but I am a worrier.
ReplyDeleteWonderful quote by Churchill.
ReplyDeleteI think it is healthy to steer a course between the two, judging each situation on its merits, Sometimes optimism is stupid and the same can be said of pessimism. It just depends.
ReplyDeleteWe always ask :are you a glass half full or a glass half empty" person to designate optimists and pessimists. I always answer " half a glass" I am a realist.
ReplyDeleteOld Winnie had great quotes, some of which gave me a chuckle.
ReplyDelete