Saturday, April 4, 2020

CREAMY RICE AND RAISIN PUDDING


        Okay here is the rice pudding recipe. as you can see someone very carefully hand printed the recipe onto a "recipe card" many years ago. this was in the day when cooks exchanged recipes and long before computers .

        So this comes from a time when the Micro Manager was a very young woman. Notice the neat and definite printing.

       So since some of you asked for the rice pudding recipe , here it is.




   I had a lot of fun with this post and in particular your comments. I was surprised so many of you liked rice pudding and that much cooking was being done since we have been locked down.


19 comments:

  1. Thanks, Red, for posting the recipe. I may be trying this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, rice pudding has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid. You know I had to look up a recipe after your last post and I made some yesterday. Now I need to get outside for a long walk...Thanks for sharing your recipe. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother put raisins in rice pudding. Arghhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might try this with my girls. We only have one egg left! (JB cannot have them!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay.. cut and pasted the recipe and will give it a try.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! If our lockdown continues -- and it almost certainly will -- I'm going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe, Red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could almost taste it when I read the recipe. Thanks for posting in, Red! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had rice pudding that started with raw rice. There always seemed to be a bowl of cooked rice in the fridge that had to be used up. Thanks for the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, thanks, Red! And thank the Micro Manager too! Looking forward to making this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tried the recipe and we enjoyed the result!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Red, I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is amazing to me how difficult it is to find flour in the stores these days. People are making bread and baking like never before.

    I will follow your blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds delicious must try it except hubby can't get his head around eating rice as a desert. (He's European)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh, lovely! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like desert and i could not locate recipe though but i know how to cook as it is popular desert here :)

    ReplyDelete