Saturday, August 21, 2021

ALBERT LEE

     I discovered you tube about five years ago. I'm not musical but I like music. 

     On you tube I found it fascinating to watch the music being played. I know that some musical performances were on television but since I don't watch television I didn't see performances. I soon found some great shows that I had missed. I always listened to Neil Diamond , but to see him in a show is at another level. 

      I've always like Eric Clapton. 

      When I started watching Eric Clapton there was a little guitarist  out front with Clapton. I watched quite a bit of Clapton and this guitarist was always there. Then I noticed that this guy was a master on the guitar. 

       I noticed this guy playing in other bands.

     Finally one day I said, "I have to find out who this guy is."

     Well I found him and he is Albert Lee. Albert Lee has a fantastic biography. He's from a Roma family and started paying piano and then branched off into the guitar. Lee has played in many bands and has done much session work. 

     He developed a way to play very rapidly.

     So how many of you have heard of albert Lee? How many of you have enjoyed his music?


     When Albert goes into one of his solos, he becomes very intense . When his solo is over and he's playing with the band the big smile comes back. 

     Look for Albert Lee and listen to him and I'm sure you'll like him. 

25 comments:

  1. Gosh… No I haven’t heard of Albert Lee, but I’ll check him out. Art’s favorite singer used to be Neil Diamond. He probably still is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking as a musician, I'd say, if you like music you're musical. Only a very small number of people aren't.

    One thing I love about music is how democratic it is. All you have to do is start listening to it! There's such a diverse range of stuff to listen to, too. Some of it takes some getting used to, but it's all there and all you have to do is listen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more we listen to music, the better it gets. I listen to a wide variety.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I wish do a search for Albert Lee, thanks for the heads up.
    Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to Clapton and you will see albert Lee.

      Delete
  4. Ha! You fooled me. I thought you were going to be writing about Albert Lea, Minnesota! Yes, I know that Albert Lea but not this Albert Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I've never heard of him. The only Albert Lea I know is a town in Minnesota. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you see Clapton , Albert Lee will be there.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Well, we can't be familiar with everybody.

      Delete
  7. I will look for Albert! Love Eric Clapton for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albert Lee will be there with Clapton. Clapton's a pretty good guitarist too.

      Delete
  8. Some of the band members and background singers are fun to watch! I always liked Neil Diamonds singers...those gals rocked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good show. I also like Bruce Springsteen

      Delete
  9. I've not heard of Albert Lee but I am a fan of Eric Clapton so I guess I must have heard him play. Thanks for telling us about him. I will look him up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't listen to music much any more, but I do remember that guy when Clapton plays. You find the most interesting things to write about, Red! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too stumbled on YouTube awhile ago and especially like watching old concerts that I never had the opportunity to see. I have seen and do like Albert Lee but my favorite guitarist by far is Leo Kottke and narrowed down to his best finger hurting song on the guitar, Vaseline Machine Gun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did check out Albert Lee on YouTube and he is good. Thanks for the tip. What I could not believe was when you said, "I don't watch television." Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too an not familiar with this musician, Red, but I will be sure to check out Albert Leee on You Tube which can be endlessly entertaining you are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I both like Eric Clapton. I will listen to Albert Lee on Youtube. I like the music and videos on YouTube. It is easy to pick out just what you like. TV has gone to the dogs. I avoid it except for seeing the weather ever now and then, and of course Gun Smoke plays most of the time here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for introducing this musical artist to me Red. I often go to YouTube and will type in his name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to believe that his best song - "Country Boy" was by a lad from Herefordshire, England and not by some legendary player from Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for introducing such a nice artist dear Red

    After reading this post I went to listen him and singing a sweet little Lisa his performance seemed Mesmerising indeed!

    I can imagine if someone performing in background inspires enough to look for him .he has already won the show :)

    ReplyDelete