Thursday, October 28, 2021

SO MANY QUESTIONS



 

  • what do you most want to be remembered for?

      That's a very hard question! There are many things I would like to be remembered for. It depends on what time of day it is.  Now I have to stand back and try and be fair and somewhat accurate. Anybody with a big ego could really brag about themselves. 

       Just when I think of one thing I think of something else. 

       Well, I would like to be remembered for being a down to earth person. Rarely have I been a show off. I'm not a flashy person. There are things that need to be done and you just have to do them. I don't look for an award although when complements come I appreciate them and I certainly work harder if there are complements. 

       So I would like to be remembered for doing something in this world that had to be done. 

  • what are 3 words you'd use to describe yourself?

       I'm going to get this question and the last one mixed together a bit. 

        Well, the first word I would use would be kindness. As a young person I was definitely not kind. Growing up on a farm was definitely not a place to see examples of kindness. In our district there were no girls. So when a group of young males hang out they are not apt to be very kind. We were rough.

       My kindness developed over many years.  My mother was very kind so I think that was an influence. I felt kindness from her. 

       Over the years I had many little kids who were completely lost and needed one bit of kindness from some where. I saw how it helped these kids. Along the way kindness became a bigger part of me. 

       I am mellow, easygoing and laidback. I'm going to count these three as one. I can sit back and watch things develop. Usually if you're patient ( oh that's so me Patient) and sit back you will see things happen. I find that I get along well with people .

       I met an elderly friend sitting on the bank of Piper Creek one day. She was birding and said if I sit here all the birds will fly by me. I've never forgotten Dorothy's wisdom. 

      Can I stick in a  sixth (okay seventh) characteristic? I'm quiet. I'm a listener. I get more out of being a listener than other people get from being nosy and aggressive. If you ask people directly for some information that information may be limited as they become alarmed and won't give all information. Sooner or later people will tell you what you want to hear. People will accidentally tell you things. If I'm quiet I'm less likely to say the wrong stuff. 

     I am an introvert. I like to be by myself. Some of my best days were when I was out at the lake on my own and didn't see people for days. On the farm sitting on the tractor all day was just fine. 

     I would think that none of these terms are a surprise to you. You have a very sharp sense of a person's characteristics. 


45 comments:

  1. I like that part where you said you’re quiet and more of a listener. My dad used to say there is a reason we got two ears and one mouth. Thanks for another interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your Dad's saying. More people would be better off if they practiced this.

      Delete
  2. I know I'm quiet and something of an introvert. Kindness is a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindness took a long time to grow on me.

      Delete
  3. Yourself reminds me of my older brother. Quiet, caring, wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these questions and answers. Being quiet and a good listener is a very worthwhile habit! I see you as easy going, kind and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are some one I enjoy getting to know on line and I'm sure we've get along well in person. I too tend to be quiet, introverted and kind :-) If I may say so myself, lol. Actually others have told me that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those descriptions have certainly come from others.

      Delete
    2. Oops sorry for the typos! From one ex teacher to a retired one ;-)

      Delete
  6. Hello Red,
    You are a good and kind person. I like to sit like your friend Dorothy and watch the birds flying by me. I am quiet, introvert and always listening to my hubby he is the talker. I try always to be kind. Take care, enjoy your day! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can see all the birds because you are quiet.

      Delete
  7. None of the terms you use to describe yourself are surprising to me. They all emanate naturally from your blog. However, I think you have missed one prominent characteristic out - SEXY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, darn! How could I have missed sexy as one of my characteristics?

      Delete
  8. You've grown a lot over the years. I am also an introvert and a listener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get things together until my 40's.

      Delete
  9. You sound like a wonderful person, Red! Kindness is so important and so needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey be carefully with the wonderful person! It might go to my head.

      Delete
  10. I see we have some things in common, Red, an introvert and a listener. I love reading your answers to these questions. It's wonderful getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a very interesting book about introverts a long time ago. Eleonor Roosevelt was an introvert. Bet you didn't know that!

      Delete
  11. I always knew you were a kind person Red, that is a wonderful attribute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a listener too. Maybe not so much an introvert.

    Self knowledge is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to be able to be realistic and accurate with our self knowledge.

      Delete
  13. I'm a good listener and try to be kind all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know somebody who does a lot of talking but doesn't always get an accurate account.

      Delete
  14. All good qualities. I like to think mine are: Reliable. Supportive. Reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting post! You are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, take it easy with the comments. I'm onluyhalf as good as I think I am.

      Delete
  16. Yup, you are definitely kind, patient and quiet!! All things I appreciate and admire in you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually, I am surprised at the 'quiet' part. I thought for sure that you'd be a talker. The rest? Not a surprise at all. I think you forgot on though. I think you are pretty wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, talking is a must and introverts will learn to take part in conversations.

      Delete
  18. I like these questions and your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The questions have given me a reason to contemplate what I do.

      Delete
  19. I am the opposite of an introvert, but I am attracted to them. I married one and he's helped me learn to listen. Love your answers to these questions, Red.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This strikes me as true, even though I don't really know you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful read and I am an introvert too who believes in kindness. Thanks Red!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This confirms what I already suspected of you, Red. Another characteristic I have noticed in your writing is that you always get to the heart of the matter quite easily.

    I think kindness is the greatest attribute a person can have. All else that is good and worthy flows from that one, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that comment Jenny. I think you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  24. honestly when i first came to your place and could not follow i thought you were a strict and arrogant person specially when a line appeared " you cannot follow this blog ,this is only for invited people or something like that" it was long ago and as a new comer i felt embarrassed and returned back immediately .but i actually wanted to know you because of my grave interest in elder people from who one learns more ( my opinion) so i kept coming back and i am glad i did so!

    these qualities you mentioned are true essence of a person specially kindness and down to earth .

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope to be remembered for being kind and that I made a bit of difference in the lives I touched while teaching and after. I certainly see you that way, Red.

    ReplyDelete