Friday, April 15, 2022

WHERE'S MY CAN OPENER?

       Yesterday I went to start lunch. Yes, I always have soup for lunch. I automatically went to where the can opener is stored and what? There was no can opener there. I stared stupidly at the place where the can opener was to be. Well, maybe it was mistakenly put in the next drawer. It wasn't in the second drawer. 

     Well, I'll go back to the drawer where it's always kept. I moved a few things around to make sure it wasn't under something. I looked on the counter top. Maybe it was on the counter and I just wasn't seeing it. No, it wasn't on the counter top. Back to the second drawer and by this time I'm really throwing things around looking for that darn can opener. 

     Well, I'll take a short cut here and ask the Micro Manager if she put it somewhere. She came to my rescue and looked in the same places I looked and questioned me about where I might have put it. She looked in all the places I had looked and then she got the bright idea that I may have thrown it in the garbage. Again, I stupidly looked in the garbage.

     The search widened to other cupboards and then, there it was. The micro Manager had found the can opener beside the cloth I use to clean off the can opener!  The cloth is stored under the sink but the can opener is supposed to go in a drawer. 

     Now some people would say my can opener was lost. I would say I just couldn't find it.

    This is a common happening for people as they can't find something . Sometimes it's a very insignificant article and sometimes it's something important. Each time we can't find something it brings about a certain amount of stress. 

    

31 comments:

  1. It's not your fault Mr. Red. The can opener was NOT supposed to stick to the cloth. That's sneaky behavior by the can opener. There's always dog tag chain to put it around your neck, or on a hook outside the cabinet. Hang in there! Or paint part of it a bright color that doesn't blend with the cloth. I have a black plastic razor-hidden type of letter opener. It gets lost with other black plastic stuff on my desk. I slapped a neon green label on it, and it behaves much better. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need more help than tis. My wife has a ribbon in the car so that she knows which is hers and it still doesn't help much.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure glad the can opener found you! It is very difficult to open a can without one. It seems like we have been "misplacing" things more often lately. You are correct, it does cause stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my lunch menu would have changed if I hadn't found the can opener.

      Delete
  3. Hubby and I go through this often, looking for various items we loose.
    Have a happy Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we could call it a fact of life!

      Delete
  4. Usually Sue is able to find things that I can’t. And they often aren’t very difficult to find. In times like these, I jokingly call her Womb Tracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are about even when it comes to locating things.

      Delete
  5. We use one of those tiny key can openers now and it is so easy to misplace. Still, I’d rather it than an opener standing on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our can opener isn't that small but it was under the counter.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad the can opener was found. Stuff like that happens here. We put something down while doing something else and then we forget what we were doing. The search begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's something I do all the time when I'm outside.

      Delete
  7. Glad the can opener was found. I did that but with a bookmark. I finished reading my book and took the bookmark out. I usually put it in the same place but when I needed it, it was not there. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I did throw some wrappers in the trash so I took a look and there it was. Such an aggravating exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you look in the fridge! We have been searching all week for a t shirt my husband got for Christmas...although it may just be in his mind as I do not recall him getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you had ring pulls on your soup cans you would not need a can opener.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

      Delete
  11. This seems to be happening more frequently around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must keep looking until you find it. It will be in the last place you look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last place you look is so true!

      Delete
  13. One of my biggest jobs working with Tim is finding where he sets stuff down. It can become irritating, but heaven knows, he finds plenty of stuff I have managed to mislay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red, what really impresses me is that this is obviously an unusual event. Everything in my house also has its place. However the number of times I cannot find things is at least once per day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate it when something winds up in the wrong place! At least you found it. I used to eat soup for dinner almost every night when I lived in New York (on nights when I didn't go out, which I did several times a week).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perhaps, like us, you have an invisible thief living in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neighbors "lost" the coffee pot. It was found 3 days later......in the fridge!! I often "lose" measuring cups only to find them in the flour or coffee cannister.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! No kidding! I spend too much time searching for something I put away without thinking. I just did that today where I knew I filed something about mom in her file with her name. I looked in a ton of other files which drove me crazy and finally found it in my brother's file because he would be taking care of mom when we're on our trip. Arrrghhh...

    ReplyDelete