Thursday, May 5, 2022

YOU MIGHT NEED IT!

      The other day the Micro Manager came running out of the house in a state of high anxiety and yelled, "Red it looks like there is a wheel chair and a walker on the other side of the street by the curb and I think it says FREE on them!" 

     Well, finally I was persuaded to peak through the fence and yes the  said items were out there. I couldn't see if it said free. The Micro Manager said, "Well , hurry up let's get over there."

     Over we went and yes they were free. She said, "Hurry up some one might come along and take them," as we stood there with our hands on the said items. 

    She said let's take them. You might need them.

    So off we went for home with one of us pushing the wheel chair and one the walker. Fortunately, no one came by to see us and we got the two items into the back yard.

    We took a minute to inspect our treasure. The walker looked as if it just needed to be wiped off. Guess who got that job because "you might need it." The wheel chair was in good condition but was quite dirty. It had been kept in the garage so there was dust, leaves, saw dust and other dirt and stains. 

    So the wheel chair will be cleaned up because, "You might need it. "

    Thinking a little more seriously you see people every day on the street and in stores and they are using a walker. In senior residences a large percentage of people use wheel chairs. 

     So as one of my friends commented, " I'm glad you have them but I hope you don't have to use them. "

34 comments:

  1. Great find! I'm so glad you took them both home with you. We would have done the same thing. We're getting to that age... we might need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my joking aside, it is a good find.

      Delete
  2. Wheel hairs are very expensive! Hope you don't need it or the walker but you are prepared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware that wheel chairs are unbelievably expensive.

      Delete
  3. haha! hopefully you never will need them but if you do, you'll be pleased they were free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you can't beat that deal! I hope neither one of you need them but if you ever do you just saved yourself a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am fortunate to make that find.

      Delete
  5. Great find indeed! But, the last comment is so true. I hope you will not need them. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that we just never look for stuff but this was very near so we couldn't miss it.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure having to buy such items would be expensive, so good for you for getting them! Although the image of you both hustling over there because you "might need them" is pretty funny. Hopefully you won't need them at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a little stupid running over for these items.

      Delete
  7. Red, you are so funny. I love reading your blog. That was a good find. Hope neither of you ever need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like visiting Henny Penny because I never know what I will find.

      Delete
  8. Cool find, all right! I sure hope you won't need them, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just too many people using walkers for us to not having to use one.

      Delete
  9. I have the medical equipment that my parents used once upon a time - wheelchair, walker, commode, shower chair. It's ready for use but I hope my siblings and I DON'T need it! Good find, Red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've gone through acquiring these items so you know what it's worth. It's also stressful buying them when they were needed last month.

      Delete
  10. Oh this brought a smile to my face. You never know what some folks will discard and you never know when you will be in need of said items! Your micro manager is looking out for you! Take care, stay active and visit again sometime..Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know when we need these items and it's usually about month ago and you don't know anything about them.

      Delete
  11. Red, you made me laugh! My two cents: At your age, you probably have friends who will need them first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Realistically a fair percentage of us will need them.

      Delete
    2. Oh, but see now, you can just say to each other, 'We never know when one of our friends might need these...' and it sounds so much easier to accept.

      Delete
  12. But hang on to them. You might need them. I had one of each stored out in my shed, and then I needed them and knew where they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually people need them like a month ago and then they start looking for something they know nothing about.

      Delete
  13. Good job scrounging! Yes, we all might need those if we hang around long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always good to have these pieces of medical equipment just in case. It's difficult when you have to shell out big bucks for them without any notice that you need them. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my eldest son told when he was living in the Germany that people leave things outside so others can have them free wow that sounds so cool to me dear Red !
    this is nice you have the occupation of things now but i will pray may you never need to use to them amen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Agree, good find ... if you have room to store them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let's hope you won't need them soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't comment this morning. Just thoguht I would see if it took now. Obviously, looking above, others have had no trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you got them just in case.

    ReplyDelete