Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A PLEASANT WALK

       I usually have several walking routines to keep me occupied and active. 

       My present walking route is to walk through my subdivision to a  creek which has a valley about 300 meters wide and 25 meters deep. Then I walk along the west side of the creek. There is also an outdoor gym that I make a stop at. 

       So here's my walk.

    A couple of kids on a scooter as I start my walk

Walking through the neighborhood.

Down into the creek which is a heavily wooded area.

Bridge across the creek

The creek is very low at this time

Up out of the valley on the other side of the creek

A pleasant path to follow

I have to make it to the power line!

 Here's the powerline

   And a stop on the outdoor gym. I will do two leg exercises and two upper body.

And her we are , home again



The whole route is about 4.5 K's


34 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice walk. Walking is good exercise! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to get a fair bit of walking in each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More people should walk where they want to go.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Thanks for showing me your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could choose many more routes to walk but this one I can do right from my house.

      Delete
  4. That's a good long-ish walk, and how great to have that scenic creek to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a nice walk there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put in a map but I don't know how. I'll figure it out.

      Delete
  6. This is like the posts I do on John's Island. My walk is about 3.5km.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Red. That is a great place to walk and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do this one because I can take it right from my house. there are many more places to walk.

      Delete
  8. Good on ya mate, as the Aussie might say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One has to develop and get into a routine.

      Delete
  9. That looks like a great place to walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Varying terrain and people to visit with.

      Delete
  10. Looks like you've got a nice walk to keep you amused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are many more walks here but you would have to drive to get to them. People in wheel chairs could go forever. Well not quite.

      Delete
  11. That's a nice walk! I love walking. As long as I'm wearing a comfortable pair of shoes, I can keep going for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is one of the best exercises you can do. Keep at it.

      Delete
  12. Definitely a respectable walk. I'm impressed that you have an outdoor gym to add to the walking routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have outdoor gyms scattered around the city.

      Delete
  13. Good for you and an excellent way to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be afraid to think what I would be like if I didn't stay active.

      Delete
  14. That’s a good exercise routine. Keeps you healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Key thing is routine. You need a routine to help you keeping a schedule.

      Delete
  15. That's a great walk you took us on :) Thanks Red!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! My back doesn't like walking. I have a machine in the basement. I sure miss running.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely walk on serene route indeed enjoyable and empowering.
    Third image looks mysterious

    ReplyDelete