Monday, October 10, 2022

A GOOD PRICE

              Weaver of Grass was reminding us about an upcoming birthday. She had already been given two presents. Two torches (flashlights ) were given to her by friends. 

             The torches were to be used for emergencies. One of the handiest things I ever found was a very strong flashlight. I use it around the house all the time. I use it to connect things to my computer tower which is black. I have difficulty seeing things that are black.

             I was also reminded of how I got my handy dandy flashlight.

             I was out with my bird group and I thought I saw a lanyard in the snow. I kicked at it a bit and a flashlight came out of the snow. I had never seen such a flashlight as it was very powerful. 

           Now the flashlight was very likely dropped by a homeless person as there are many homeless in the Bower Woods. The homeless wander around in this dark area at night all night.

            So I got thinking about this poor guy/gal's loss and was about to feel sorry for them. Knowing lots of homeless people , I thought they probably got it for a very good price. Yes, it was probably shop lifted. 

            So I got a free flashlight out of the snow and I don't think I have to feel badly about the guy/gal losing it.

             

21 comments:

  1. Maybe you should buy some flashlights and visit the homeless:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use my flashlight to find them.

      Delete
  2. I never thought of the homeless needing flashlights to roam around at night. Beats using a kerosene lantern. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The area I was in is about 2 hundred acres of solid bush. They like it for camping and staying away from prying eyes.

      Delete
  3. A good flash light comes in handy. If a homeless person lost it, I hope they are able to get another one. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it was a huge loss to the person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most homeless are hopelessly lost . They have a tough time keeping things together.

      Delete
  5. Someone lost it and you found it. It's great that the light works fine, I would have kept it too if I found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would never find who owned it . The homeless population is always on the move. they fight with each other.

      Delete
  6. A likely shop lift, yes.

    I have a small flashlight at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are vary afraid of the homeless. Me? Not so much.

      Delete
  7. My flashlights are brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use my iPhone flashlight all the time, but it wouldn't be much use in the dark forest. I also have a very strong headlight for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headlights are excellent as your hands are free for other things.

      Delete
  9. Finders keepers; losers, weepers, is an English adage with the premise that when something is unowned or abandoned, whoever finds it first can claim it for themselves permanently. It looks to me like you’ve rationalized this perfectly. Enjoy the flashlight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE have small flashlights here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this age flashlights are useful. Things are much better since I got the cataracts fixed.

      Delete
  11. We have a small 'trouble' light with a magnet. It attaches to the fridge. It is so bright. It amazes me how much light such a tiny object can project.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I find the wee light on my watch very helpful when I need to get downstairs in the morning but don’t want to wake the sleeping one by using big lights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do have flashlights in every room for emergencies with the batteries in a separate bag. :-)

    ReplyDelete