Thursday, October 20, 2022

ANOTHER EMBARRASSMENT

      As you know, I recently had cataract surgery. This procedure has changed my eyesight for the better. I had to wear glasses for distance before. Now my old glasses for distance are a nuisance. I do not have to wear glasses for driving anymore. My near sight has also improved. I still need reading glasses but can see everything except the really small print.

     I have been to my optometrist and have a new prescription which I hope to get in a few days.

     As a result some of my routine has been interrupted. As I've aged routine is a great helper. Throw me off my routine and I'm in trouble. So I'm back to carrying glasses in a pocket to use when I need them for reading. They are a nuisance to wear all the time.

     Well, on Monday I went to the pharmacy to get my flu shot. I was carrying my glasses in my hand. The micro Manager insisted that I sanitize my hands. I put my glasses down to use the sanitizer. Now I have two places to put my glasses  in the car when I'm driving. When I got home , I looked for my glasses so that I could take them in the house. The glasses weren't in either place! I said to the Micro Manager , I left my glasses at the drug store. She looked at me and said I better go back. Actually, I don't think she looked at me. 

     I beat it back to the drug store. The glasses were not at the sanitizer station. I asked a clerk and they didn't think any glasses had been turned in. Just then I touched my face and what did I feel? My glasses. My glasses were on my head.

    What an embarrassment and I did it to myself. 

35 comments:

  1. Well Gosh! You might want one of those cords to hang them around your neck. Congrats on getting used to your new eyes! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cords ?No thanks! I'd probably get hung up on it.

      Delete
  2. It is weird, that we can forget something like the feeling of having a pair of eyeglasses on. I usually put my glasses down in the house and forget where I put them. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until recently I've worn glasses all the time. since cataract surgery I don't have to wear them except to read. So I got off my routine.

      Delete
  3. Interesting Red and not uncommon. I have to wear specs all the time - reading or varifocals and when I take them off to get into bed at night for a time I fhink they are still on my face,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore glasses all the time until my cataract surgery improved things.

      Delete
  4. That hasn't happened to me yet but I know that day is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I've done that, too. It's great your eyesight has improved so much. I am so happy I got cataract surgery when I did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We et used to glasses and never think about them.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Okay, I feel better that I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  7. That is quite a story, Red. I have an appointment this morning to see the ophthalmologist about cataract surgery. I've been trying to decide if I should go with distance glasses or reading glasses after surgery. It's a tough choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that there's choice of lens. I wasn't given a choice.

      Delete
  8. You gotta laugh, Red! That has happened to lots of people. The good thing is that you found them! Glad to hear that your vision has so improved to much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I get new lenses in my glasses this week so that's great.

      Delete
  9. Pretty funny, but I could do that with no problem. 🤡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn glasses since before I was 50.

      Delete
  10. LOL, I've done that before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't usually laugh out loud over blog comments but I did this time. It's probably a good thing I wear my glasses for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this gave you a chuckle. I wore glasses all the time until cataract surgery.

      Delete
  12. Well, at least you have clean hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel like sanitizer will dissolve my hands. I don't like the stuff.

      Delete
  13. Uuuummmm... I've done that too. No kidding. Actually (I'm telling you this in private because I know my friend doesn't read blogs.) I was walking from the car to the mall in the bright sunshine with my friend today and she suddenly said, "Uh oh... where did I put my sunglasses?" I'm sorry. I had to laugh because she was wearing them. The sun was so bright, she didn't realize she actually had them on her nose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, ha. I've done that once or twice too but in the house. It is embarrassing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Micro Manager must have seen the glasses on your head and thought to herself, "I'm not going to tell this clown. Time for a bit of fun! I will tell him to go back to the drugstore!"

    At least you can laugh at yourself Red. When you stop doing that, that's when you're in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so funny. I'm doing more and more dumb things, kinda like that. Could it be my age? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a story. I’ll be smiling about this for a long while. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh this story reminds me my mom when she often put me on search mission for her glasses and then when after looking hard every possible place i would realize she had them on her head ,she never took advice to put them in her neck like others do

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to laugh, but thank you so much, I needed it :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah to cataract surgery, which I also underwent a couple of years ago and like yourself and many others have great distance vision as a result. Nay to needing glasses for close up reading of anything now and I have reading glasses all over and in my purse. I have another solution, a single contact lens of reading glass strength for my left eye only. It eliminates remembering where I put the reading glasses!

    ReplyDelete