Wednesday, April 26, 2023

HARRY BELAFONTE

      I was very sorry to hear about Harry Belafonte's passing yesterday. I went to my old LPs and I couldn't find the Harry Belafonte LP. Then I remembered that the Belafonte music I was thinking about  was on some reel to reel tapes that I disposed of. So now I will have to comfort myself by going to You Tube and listen to some songs. 

    Belafonte was most popular when I started listening to my own music.  I listened to much of his great music. 

     Belafonte was a great artist and human being. He helped to keep some of the wheels on the bus. We need many more Harry Belafontes. 

      

20 comments:

  1. Bet you could find some of his music on Ebay or even new on Amazon, in old cassette, or DVD or CD format. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was an amazing advocate for black rights. He helped fun Dr. King's work. A humanitarian. What a legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Harry! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They accused him of being a communist but he just wanted fairness and justice and he could sing like an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was one in a million…billion these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admired his activism. He always used his popularity as a spring board to bring attention to injustices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was indeed a great artist and person. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, Red. I've always liked Harry Belafonte.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed. We need more people like Harry Belafonte.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He was a wonderful entertainer and a wonderful man too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He was a great singer and person. RIP, Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize how active he was in Civil Rights back in the day. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Day-oh! I remember Harry's first album and that hit song. He was truly a great man, along with being a talented artist. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was always a fan of Harry Belafonte. I admired him greatly not only for his music, but for his work in the Civil Rights movement. He left a great legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There was soul put in into each of his song. Yes we need many more Harry Belafontes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was sad to hear that he passed away too. He had such a beautiful mellow voice, and he worked really hard for civil rights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it is sad to loose favorite soul

    ReplyDelete