Sunday, November 26, 2023

PHOTOS

    I'm not a photographer. Don't argue with me on that one. I take photos. That is all. 

    However, the other day I came across something that was interesting and took a photo. 

    So here's the photo and then I'll tell you what my problem is. 

    I was standing on a little footbridge and looked into a little pond on the creek and I saw  crystal clear reflection , You can see ice on the edge of the pond. 

    Then I looked around for some perspective. Normally you would open things up and show the trees on the bank and the reflections together. 

   Well that wouldn't work. I was on a foot bridge . The image was quite far down . the tree was on a high bank. Even if I did take the bridge railing off I couldn't get the whole image. 

   So I'll have to be content with a pretty image and complete lack of perspective. 




   I went to the other side of the bridge and there was the typical reflection photo. So you see the trees and reflection in the same photo.

    This came out of my walk on Nov. 19. 

26 comments:

  1. How did that big tree get mirrored into a small pond and creek? Cool. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking straight down into the water The reflection "looks" up the tree. The reflection is a funny shape.

      Delete
  2. I love reflections and it must have been cold. I see snow along the bank too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cold at all. It's hard for you to imagine that . However, I'm not wearing shorts or sandals either.

      Delete
  3. Love the trees and the reflection. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees reflection was in a very narrow channel.

      Delete
  4. Good photo. I get a bit dizzy trying to flip the image to see how the reflections are. lol
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are stuck with the conditions. Mostly we just do the best that we can in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right about taking what we can get. I could soon see I couldn't improve on this one.

      Delete
  6. One sweet thing I noticed, your finger in the corner of the last two photos brought back such a fun memory for me. My Mom quite often got her finger in the picture when she took photos or family movies back in the day. We get a chuckle whenever we watch those old movies and see her finger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you explained that first picture. I'm not sure I could have figured out what I was seeing without one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's really tough to get good perspective. I hear you on that! I do like the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting...I often take photo that I wonder...will people get what I was trying to capture in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No snow here yet but a covering forecast up here in the North (but not your North). Not posting at the moment but still reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it is not a wedding or some ceremony, have fun with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting photos Red, the reflections are very clear. I am a point and shoot photographer most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awe !
    it is stunning and intriguing image the first one !
    at first one can indulge in image as it's of the tree and sky behind it but later the bank of stream catches the eye :)brilliant

    ReplyDelete