Wednesday, December 13, 2023

KING OF TACK

        I walked by a house a few days ago and every inch of the yard and house some decoration on it or in it. 

        There's no exaggeration when  I say all surfaces were covered by some kind of decoration. 

       There is much to choose from when it comes to dressing things up for the season. This guy/gal bought everything they saw and placed it wherever it would fit. There was no plan to fit things together as to color or size or lights. Big stuff , little stuff it was all there in the yard. They had many of the big inflatable figures which seem to be quite popular. 

       Some people will go by this place and think it was great. I would like to see a lot less glitter

       I went back at night and tried to get a photo but it would have been much better in the daytime. In the day I had a little more elevation so could look down a bit on the area. 

      So I nominate these people for the King and Queen of tack. (tackiness)




21 comments:

  1. There's a house near here that takes things to similar extremes - before anyone critcises their taste (or lack of it) it should be noted that people come from far and wide to see it and every year they raise thousands of pounds for a local children's hospice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people really go all out with their decorating.
    I am happy with just the lights. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have plenty of those types of people in our community too. They are totally missing the point of the holiday in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a chat with these people about their decorations. There’s a story there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's like our neighbour, but he has a small space and is very exuberant. So, it is not artistic, but I love the effort and the lights, of which there are many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to mention the fortune they spent on this display! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen decorations like that around my city. Over the top for me but if they enjoy it, I won't complain. Different strokes for different folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of King and Queen of Tack. It would make a great contest! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a person in our area who has christmas tree lights strung in a large tree. Over every bulb there is a gallon size milk jug. I suppose it makes a larger glow and looks spectactular in the night, but in the day time, it just just looks like someone has strung milk jugs all over their tree. I picked up a friend and we passed by it on our way and she said, "Milk jugs? Why did they put milk jugs in the tree."

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it helps raise money for a charity then I think it is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have one heavily decorated home that also broadcasts Christmas music and you can tune in your radio to hear it. Magic. Then there's me with my tiny tree, keeps the world in balance. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like Santa's workshop vomited on his property. Neither Judy nor I can understand those inflatables that always deflate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet they have a large electricity bill:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at the earlier comments ... looks like most agree this display is over-the-top. Waste of money and energy. But like they say ... it takes all kinds. I second your nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. UGH! In my opinion there is nothing pretty about this at all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I saw several houses with lots of inflatables, but during the day, they left it deflated on the ground... so not so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh dear
    seems house has many members children mostly probably and everyone wanted to added his /her favorite lol so amusing to look at thanks for sharing,.
    Merry Christmas to both of you and to loved ones!

    ReplyDelete