Sunday, April 7, 2024

2000 POSTS

      I just happened to notice a few days ago that the counter was on 2000 posts. I don't post every day. I make about 120 to 150 posts a year so it takes along time to get to 2000.

     I try to write about topics rather than personal daily events. Yes, I did say that I was a bit of a bumbler and I had some adventures to write about. The adventures have been fun for me to recount. 

     I also notice that I should change some of the things in my introduction as they no longer apply.

     I started Hiawatha House in 2008 when my daughter set up the basics of the blog. She left town the next day.  I spent the next year with Blogging for Dummies trying to set up other things on Hiawatha house. 

    I have enjoyed writing Hiawatha House. One thing I did not realize is that I would make many very good friends. I'm always saddened when a good blogger disappears. There is a tremendous amount that one learns from other bloggers. 

   I will keep on writing and visiting. 

   Well, here I was in 2008!

   

What else is there to do but bird?

                                A good supper

                       I think this was about 2022. 

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations Red! Wow, I'm trying to remember when I first found you in the blogosphere. I'm pretty sure it's been over a decade. Hiawatha House is one of my favorite blogs. Keep up the good work! John

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good supper makes the heart grow fonder. And brings up a contented smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on for another 2000 Red. I enjoy reading your posts very much. So I raise my glass(even thought it is only hot choc) and send you kind thoughts - here's to the next 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 2000th post. Love the photos and enjoy reading your blog. Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great that you kept at it and have recently reached 2000 posts! I enjoy your style of writing and you cover such a wide variety of topics. I look forward to continuing to follow you and see where you take us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Red, you feel like a member of my family. Well, you actually are a member of my virtual family. I'm glad I found you. I hope you stick around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 2000 posts, Red! I always enjoy your posts and am happy when I check your blog and see a new post! Keep up the great work!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Red! I always enjoy what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you continue blogging for many years to come, Red.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I enjoy blogging and the friends you make too, and in my case it takes my mind off the pain for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always enjoy your posts, Red! Looking forward to reading many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never think to look at my stats, so because of you, I did. I have 2847 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done. And carry on. You are anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2000 posts! well done, Red. I think it was great that you persisted with blogger to get things set up and be able to make good use of the platform. I hope you get many more joys from blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've enjoyed your blog for a few years now. Congratulations on your 2000th post. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the milestone and do carry on. /AC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gee... So many of us started in 2008 and I'm so glad to have you as a blogger friend. You've truly enriched my mind and imagination. Happy 2,000 posts day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am happy that despite being unable to follow your place i did not give up because the sharing was something of my great interest here so when it comes to enjoy good thoughts on life of people who have achieved something after struggle and love to learn and share ,i don't have any ego to restrain me :)
    i love your place and i feel so familiar here at heart !
    thanks for kind response always

    ReplyDelete