There is much complaining about forest fire smoke coming from Canada to the US. Smoke is one thing that causes poor air quality. There are many conditions humans have that are made worse with poor air quality. I sympathize with these people.
However , this is a bit of a rant. It bothers me greatly when complaints are made that
Canada isn't doing enough to control forest fires. In particular , le plus grand orange's comments bother me.
What is burning in Canada is the boreal forest The boreal forest stretches right across the whole country. There are no breaks . Good luck in fighting fires in the boreal forest. However, we make a huge effort. Just think of the size of this forest. Why is the smoke worse now? Just think climate change. When I was a child in the 40' s, we had far fewer fires. I rarely remember smoke.
We have had smoke here but the air quality has not been terrible. I do not look at air quality numbers
There are forests in the US but they are fragmented. The growth is different and the plants do not burn as easily as in a boreal forest.
The boreal forest burns very easily as the needles are dry.
When I start a camp fire I use paper. Aboriginals use dead spruce branches with the red needles. They call it gas. It blazes up very rapidly.
The Orange One uses every excuse to shift attention away from his administration's mismanagement. He's a menace.
ReplyDeleteHear! Hear!
DeleteThere was a report last year of the Siberian forests suffering the same fate, and permafrost thawing there too. Fires now in Northern Norway
ReplyDeleteSorry, I wish everyone could just ignore the orange man.
ReplyDeleteI hope the wildfire are under control soon and everyone stays safe.
Take care, enjoy your day!
MAGA will rant stupidly about anything Canadian following the cue of their demented leader.
ReplyDeleteTo be fair, our country deserves some of the blame in the fire as we are a major contributor of greenhouse gases that are causing climate change.
ReplyDeleteOf course you are right, Red. Just ignore the rantings of the loud mouth who is leading our country. He never really knows what he is talking about.
ReplyDeletetrump is a moron sadly and has no clue what he is talking about. It does grate on me too though.
ReplyDeleteGood post, Red. “le plus grand orange” is the most toxic thing to happen to USA in its 250 years. The blame lies squarely on the part of our population that is of below average intelligence as evidence by their electing a felon to be grande. Thanks for the update on the Forest Fire Smoke. John
ReplyDeleteThe world, John. The most toxic thing to happen to this world.
DeleteDebby - Absolutely!
DeleteI had that very thought when the talking heads on U.S. TV began complaining about Canada's response to the fires, that your "forest" covers the entire country except for the very frozen north and the very populous south. Don't pay any attemtion to us, Red, we don't know what we're talking about but it is especially true of "le plu grand orange"...I confess to having voted for him three times because the alternatives were so bleak. I like a lot of his policies compared to theirs, but I do wish he would tape his mouth shut many times.
ReplyDeleteKnow, Red, I just want to say that I do not know of any sane person that is holding Canada responsible for these forest fires.
ReplyDeleteI certainly won’t be listening to any complainers, never have, never will.
ReplyDeleteAs an American by birth, let me apologize YET AGAIN for whatever ridiculous BS comes out of the mouth of our president. Remember a majority of us didn't vote for him! I'm not sure why he's so fixated on abusing Canada and Western Europe. He's an embarrassment.
ReplyDeleteHope you get some relief from the fires and smoke. Ignore anything that the orange boy spews, it doesn't make sense.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could apologize for the orange one but I can't. I didn't vote for him, never would, never could.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in rural Oregon, my dad was logger, and in the summer he fought forest fires. They aren't new, but they are worse, and complainers are even worse.
Ah President Trump does not have a degree in Forestry Management, so he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to Forest Fires. I just let much of what he says in one ear and out the other. However he is the President of the United States and should be treated with the respect that the Presidency deserves.
ReplyDeleteI must apologize for our president. Sigh... What can I say?... he is an embarrassment.
ReplyDeleteI don't think many seem to understand the boreal forest! It burns differently than the deciduous forest we have down here, and it's harder to put our the fires. If more people understood that there might be ewer complaints.
ReplyDeletethanks for making me understand that your forests are less vulnerable to fires dear Red! my heart feels deeply sad when forest catches fire
ReplyDeleteI was shocked to hear the complaints coming out of Michigan State by elected leaders. I mean really?!! As for the Big Orange, I am no longer shocked by anything he says.
ReplyDelete