This morning I was up at 5 AM to visit the bathroom. When I'm up I usually look out one of the windows for a few minutes. Usually I see nothing but an empty street. Interesting eh! But sometime people or one person is going by. And sometimes the critters are around.
This morning I looked out and all seemed quiet. There was a strange car parked on my side of the street. Then all of a sudden the security light came on. So I thought is someone walking around yards checking for things. All of a sudden a head popped up on the other side of the car. It was a mule deer doe. She gave me a very disgusted look for about 5 seconds and left
Deer have been coming in my yard and eating the white blooms. That's bad enough but when they started on my tomatoes that was too much.
I do not have a camera set out in my yard, but if I did, I think I would be surprised at what I see.
A stranger appeared in the early dawn light,
ReplyDeleteBut Red soon discovered she meant no fright.
The flowers were tasty, the tomatoes divine …
That deer seems to think your whole yard is a dine! 😄
I am glad it was only a deer you saw, even a greedy one. When I set up my camera I have seen foxes and raccoons. You reminded me I have to set up my trail cam out here.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's better not to have a camera, the less you see, the better :))
ReplyDeleteHave a nice Monday, Andreja!
try it!
ReplyDeleteGlad that visitor wasn't a lurking human criminal! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteHa, ha, I'm sure you surprised the deer as much as it surprised you.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a cool sighting. I can say that because nothing is eating my tomatoes. I forced myself to remain in pace until 5 .it’s now 5:40 and I am just about finishing my forst coffee.
ReplyDeleteWe definitely get a LOT of deer traipsing through our yard at night. That is why I put an electric fence between them and my tomatoes and other veggies of importance. Now we have a truce. They leave my garden alone and fertilize my yard and I leave them alone.
ReplyDeleteMy brother has a garden plot in our local park district gardens. This year he lost most of his corn to deer. It's never happened before and he's had the plot for many years. Between the weather and the deer, this year's garden has been disappointing for him.
ReplyDeleteOur gardens don't belong to us. We just borrow them from the animals.
ReplyDeleteThat is interesting! The deer don't bother my tomatoes at all, but they sure do a number on any squash or cucumber they can get at!
ReplyDeleteOh my, the deer like to eat our weeds.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
We have plenty of garden pests, but not deer, thank goodness.
ReplyDeleteThis will seem like a strange question, but do you remember a student by the name of Donald McMow? He would have gone to school at Eastview at the same time as me 1974-1977. He was bullied quite badly and although I did not bully him, I did let it happen one day in art class. Some boys poured white glue in Donald's hair and then laughed and laughed. I still feel badly that I didn't speak up and would like to apologize to him. To be honest, I was just glad they weren't bullying me because I had been bullied very badly at Joseph Welsh.
ReplyDelete