Monday, September 28, 2026

FALL COMES SILENTLY

      Fall sneaks in silently. One day it just  fall. Summer is over.

     One day there is a new pleasant odor. Photosynthesis has stopped.  Leaves have started their journey of breaking down. So  one day I suddenly say, hey it smells like fall.

    All of a sudden on one day you see that your plants don't need  water poured to them any more. They are finished. You look around and say when did these changes happen? Everything seemed to be like summer yesterday.

     Sunlight has changed a little in color. Sunlight has suddenly become a little weaker or fainter. It also  doesn't pack the heat it did a few days ago.

    Suddenly there is a dryness in the atmosphere. Plants are finished and less water enters the atmosphere.

   I like the pleasant atmosphere of fall. We can slow down. We know that many of our summer duties are over.

15 comments:

  1. You've captured the change from summer to fall so marvellously. I love the fall season. The only problem is it's far too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The daylight is shorter, it seemed to happen fast here.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stared at my porch this morning. Six acorn tops were on the ground, next to my raised bed planter. Somewhere, a little squirrel has hidden 6 topless acorns in my raised bed, but didn't make too big of a mess. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might have read that you had a real freeze out your way? No frost locally but there has been in some of the higher areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy how fall sneaks in silently and take full advantage of these days because I know at any time winter will not arrive silently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fall and I am so glad to see and feel and smell the changes around us, Red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so true. Time passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here the outdoor work begins, when it isn't raining. Fall brings "falling": leaves, needles, cones, seeds, twigs and limbs and whatever, depending on the strength of the wind. There will be cleaning up to do until December, while still keeping the lawn mowed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pleasant slow down of fall helps me want to cook again.
    May

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the reason that Fall is my favorite time of the year. You describe it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "We can slow down. We know that many of our summer duties are over." Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. People here love summer so I don't know if they enjoy the autumn slowing down but I know most prefer not to mow their lawn weekly as is needed in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. autumn used to be my favourite season when i lived in the village dear Red , your description of fall seemed quite poetic :)
    it reminded me cooler sunlight and we are looking farword to such magical days

    ReplyDelete