Monday, September 7, 2026

SHOPPING

       

     Part of my back fence has been slowly rotting away. I decided I had to do something about before I find myself out in the snow in he winter.

    I thought is should be fairly easy to do. I needed  two cross pieces and 8 vertical boards. I also had to figure out how to get this material home as I don't have a truck. 

    So here's where the Micro Manager gets in on the action. She has to phone half of the lumber yards in town to get detailed prices. I needed the 12 ft boards  cut in the middle at an angle. So after all this research she made a choice of where to buy the material. We have often dealt with this business. When we got out in the yard to load the material we found that it was in such poor condition we wouldn't take it. After telling us they'd cut on an angle the wouldn't So we got our money back.

    So we went to the next place and we thought  we're smarter so we looked at the material first. The material was of excellent quality but they wouldn't cut on an angle after somebody said they would.

   We finally went to a third business. They would cut on an angle. But before we got to the cutting stage I found boards that were already cut.

    So it was disappointing with all the micro managers research that we had such bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment