Tuesday, August 23, 2022

LOST COMMENTS

      From my last post I found out that the lost comments was fairly common. 

      So if you put information out there , you can always hope that someone will help you. Steve from Shadows  and Light   Gave a clear and concise direction. Thanks Steve.

If you're checking your spam comments using the method below, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sometimes my comment on anothers' blog will just vanish and I can tell it didn't get submitted. If I wait and try again in 20 minutes or so it often works. I have no idea why.

Here's how to find comments in spam. (You probably already know how to do this, Red, but I'll put these directions here in case anyone else needs them.)

Go to your Blogger dashboard and click "comments" on the left side. You'll get a list of comments, and you can filter this list with the drop-down menu at the top by choosing "ALL" or "SPAM" or "AWAITING MODERATION" or "PUBLISHED." (At least, those are the options on my account.) If you click SPAM it will show you all comments that are classified as spam and not published. You can mouse over each comment and you'll see a check mark appear on the far right -- click that check mark to approve and publish the comment.

Hope this helps!

      As a blogger, I don't know my way around the system. You always learn something new. 


25 comments:

  1. I think you should send Steve a few dollars for assisting you. His address is 1 Pudding Lane, Sheffield, Yorkshire SH 1T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I usually check my spam folder, you never know when a comment go to spam for no reason. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find lost comments going to my spam. They look published on my dashboard but not on the actual page. It doesn't happen often as far as I can tell, but I don't check regularly. I usually joust look at comments from the dashboard and not the actual post, so I guess others could be missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are different ways to do things so some of these may not be foolproof.

      Delete
    2. Anvil, I think they look published on your dashboard because the drop-down above the comments field is probably set to "ALL." If you set it to "SPAM" you should see the comments that are classified as spam and not appearing on your post. You can approve them and they will appear. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. I don't seem to have much problem with comments disappearing, but then again, I have no way to know for sure. If I cannot leave a comment, I sometimes will change to a different browser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have known unless somebody asked where here comment was. I never check my comments on other blogs.

      Delete
  5. I have to follow Steve's method, ironically to resurrect Steve's comments, which always seem to end up in my spam box too for reasons I don't why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess some of our security systems are a little too strict.

      Delete
  6. Thank you and Steve for this good advice on how to find all that spam, and all that is not spam in the chaos of emails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that there was a spam folder on blogger.

      Delete
  7. Oh, wow! Thanks for posting my comment more prominently! I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think quite a few people learned from your comment. Your expertise was much appreciated.

      Delete
  8. He explains it so well! Yes blogger is a pain lately and I check my spam everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will start checking my spam every day too.

      Delete
  9. I don't remember to check frequently, but when I do, my comment's jump up a lot. That's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check my spam everyday. It alarmed me that there were so many comments in my spam.

      Delete
  10. Steve writes good instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not that I'm aware of it, I try to check my spam folder regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't feel bad, Red, it was only recently that I learned about checking comments for spam. I was deleting the obvious spam ones regularly and not realizing that legit comments had been marked as spam. As you said, learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was checking my spam box all the time and finding comments that shouldn't have been there. Then it seemed to be fixed so I stopped checking. And of course, comments started going there again. Doggone it! So I have to keep checking and checking.

    ReplyDelete